Posts
101
Likes
126
I second this. As an owner of the current gen Moonwatches and an Ed White, 3861 Moonwatch indeed wears better than Ed White. It's thinner to begin with and the presence of crown guard makes it feel more balanced and compact on the wrist, the EW simply feels taller and more "pronounced".
Thanks - exactly! The 321 EW comes more pronounced. I think it's true more with me, because I wear formal attire with neck tie Mon-Friday. 3861 lyre lug shaped professionals has a thickness of 13.5mm (hesalite) & 13.2mm (sapphire), while EW has 13.7mm. I want the case could fit inside of cuffs of my dress shirt. 321 won't do that well.
 
Posts
79
Likes
19
I second this. As an owner of the current gen Moonwatches and an Ed White, 3861 Moonwatch indeed wears better than Ed White. It's thinner to begin with and the presence of crown guard makes it feel more balanced and compact on the wrist, the EW simply feels taller and more "pronounced".
Shame. I don’t care for the winding action on the 3861, it’s not pleasant and blocked by the crown guards.
 
Posts
2,611
Likes
2,790
FWIW, I don't notice ANY difference in wear-ability between the 1861/3861/321EW. I don't wear dress-cuffs, but they all fit about the same to me?

I don't have a particularly big wrist (~6.25"), so I'm a bit surprised to hear everyone notice it but me 😁
 
Posts
79
Likes
19
FWIW, I don't notice ANY difference in wear-ability between the 1861/3861/321EW. I don't wear dress-cuffs, but they all fit about the same to me?

I don't have a particularly big wrist (~6.25"), so I'm a bit surprised to hear everyone notice it but me 😁
Are you distinguishing ‘dress cuff’ from say more relaxed long sleeve dress shirts such as Oxford cloth button down (OCBD)?
 
Posts
2,611
Likes
2,790
Are you distinguishing ‘dress cuff’ from say more relaxed long sleeve dress shirts such as Oxford cloth button down (OCBD)?
No, from non-dress shirts 😁 So just under a jacket/sweatshirt/etc. Admittedly I am sure a cuff makes it way easier to notice, but I don't notice the difference AT ALL.
 
Posts
187
Likes
418
rarely see the 321 on anything aside from the OEM bracelet, looks good on leather. Is it capable of going under a long sleeve?
I pretty much only wear dress cuffs at work, and the watch always fits well.
 
Posts
2,378
Likes
11,230
Does not the FOIS 3861 and new 321 have the same case? My FOIS and other 3861s do not feel any different on the wrist at all. As for pricing, I'm going to get it from my OB when the timing is right.
Edited:
 
Posts
61
Likes
172
Thanks - exactly! The 321 EW comes more pronounced. I think it's true more with me, because I wear formal attire with neck tie Mon-Friday. 3861 lyre lug shaped professionals has a thickness of 13.5mm (hesalite) & 13.2mm (sapphire), while EW has 13.7mm. I want the case could fit inside of cuffs of my dress shirt. 321 won't do that well.
At the end of the day it's all relative. I've been wearing an IWC 3706 Pilot Chrono lately which is 14.6 mm tall, and once I got used to it every Speedy feels thin to me...
 
Posts
101
Likes
126
At the end of the day it's all relative. I've been wearing an IWC 3706 Pilot Chrono lately which is 14.6 mm tall, and once I got used to it every Speedy feels thin to me...
Indeed all relative. Good to get many people's personal experiences and how they feel, but eventually one needs to try wearing / seeing it before making a decision
 
Posts
101
Likes
126
At the end of the day it's all relative. I've been wearing an IWC 3706 Pilot Chrono lately which is 14.6 mm tall, and once I got used to it every Speedy feels thin to me...
Interestingly, I adjusted the size of the original bracelet of 321 EW (to more tighter), and it's now very good beyond just being better. My theory is that, due to the bigger height and LtL of 321 EW versus 3861, the wearability of 321 EW comes more sensitive to how you would set the circumference of the bracelet against that of your wrist than compared to 3861, which is more generous to how you fit thanks to less height & LtL (i.e. a genius design to fit well to mass of wrists out there). Now, I am 'very' satisfied with how both 321 and 3861 wear on me (16.5cm wrist & 172cm tall).