Forums Latest Members
  1. ScavoneC Oct 28, 2015

Hello everybody! As my first post I want to ask you help about my 30T2SC 2324/4. Here is some photos that I would ask you information about that dial, crown and mechanics. Bought for about 300 dollars. Thank you very much! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

TexOmega likes this.
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 28, 2015

ScavoneC likes this.
  3. ScavoneC Oct 28, 2015

The watchmaker told me dial is original, based on his analysis (watchmaker worked in authorized Omega Maintenance Center in Brazil). Dial numbers are not painted, but applied on that.

It still have the original clasp, but bracelet is replaced.

4. ScavoneC Oct 28, 2015

I am really happy with this watch and accuracy... It loose about 1 sec a day only, very well serviced. As it is a watch for every day use, can't be more satisfied with my purchase.

Where can I find information about this caliber? I love to study about watches and mainly the history behind the watches I have. Heard that 30T2 is an iconic caliber in Omega line of products. Would love to hear about that.

Thank you!

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 28, 2015

You have heard correctly. This is an early version of an Omega movement that was made for 25 years. It is considered one of the best manual wind movements Omega ever produced. Here is some additional information on it:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?12&ranfft&&2uswk&Omega_30SC_2

Can you show us a picture of the buckle?
    gatorcpa

ScavoneC likes this.
  6. ScavoneC Oct 28, 2015

Here is the buckle as you asked!

image.jpeg

gatorcpa likes this.
  7. ScavoneC Oct 28, 2015

Gator, could you tell me please why you are not 100% sure about the dial? It become a worry to me after your doubt. I was sure it is original, but surely you know lots more than myself...

8. ScavoneC Oct 28, 2015

One thing I was worried about dial is because it haven't SWISS MADE inscription. Watchmaker told no every 30T2 have that. The one you linked above also haven't. So it make me more confident about originality of dial.

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 28, 2015

The logo is an older logo from Omega, pre-1940. Your watch dates from 1945. There is no "Swiss Made" on the dial. At that time, some dials had it, some did not. Crystals sometimes cause distortion in pictures on the internet.

None of the above is definitive, and that is the problem with saying a dial is or is not original.

One really needs to see it in person.

Your watchmaker has viewed the dial up close. I have not. He would know far more that I.
    gatorcpa

ScavoneC likes this.
  10. ScavoneC Oct 28, 2015

In fact, the logo is the older one, but I do not know that it is before 1945. Is it possible to have old logo in newer watches?

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 29, 2015

Anything is possible with vintage Omega.
    gatorcpa

12. mac_omega Oct 29, 2015

You have got a nice looking watch for $300 only with a very clean movement and keeping time like a certified chronometer - and you bother if the dial is original or not? Come on - this is not a high end watch which cost you thousands of dollars - so just enjoy what you have and forget that dial.
    If you can´t stand it you always can replace it later for a dial you appreciate more.

just my 2 cents

CoucouZiziPointu likes this.
  13. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Oct 29, 2015

I aggree with Erich. The dial is not original (Gator raised it, font is not correct for this period) but it remains a nice watch which you should wear with pleasure.

14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 29, 2015

If it bothers you I can help solve the problem, I have a spare $300 just burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Vintage watch dials were often repainted in the past, the collector bug hadn't bitten and many owners liked the watch to look new when it came back from servicing, so you could consider that your watch was very well looked after.

15. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Oct 29, 2015

that...plus the dial is actually quite sexy
    al

16. keryo Apr 14, 2016

I have just bought a watch with a similar dial and I have the same doubt. Have a look at this one: http://www.poshtime.com/498.153/Omega-30T2-2324-c.1940s-.php and mine (photo attached).
    The logo is the same, "jumpy" with strange G and A. I suspect my watch is a "franken", marriage of different pieces. The case is different, it is a 125.008, the calibre is from around 1949, 1950 (serial number is 11391086).

30t2_1.JPG