Forums Latest Members
  1. watch_treasures Jul 18, 2018

Hello:

This is my first post and I am picturing an Omega 30T2 that I purchased many years ago. I was told by a contributor at another forum that this is a 1942 Omega 30T2 6B/159. Unfortunately a previous owner must have removed the markings from the case back. Any comments would be appreciated.

I was curious if the hands are corect for this watch. I was told that the crown is incorrect.

I will add some posts for other vintage Omegas at a later date.

Thanks,

Rick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Dan S Jul 18, 2018

Welcome to OF. It's hard to go wrong with a 30T2, and I do like the case and dial on your watch. 1942 sounds about right and strictly speaking the movement is a 30T2 SC, because of the center seconds layout. I have no knowledge of the reference.

Indeed, the sweep seconds hand looks a bit short, so it could be a replacement, or perhaps the tip broke off. As for the hour and minute hands, I have seen feuille, dauphine, and alpha hands on 30T2 watches, so who's to say that whip-and-spade couldn't also have been used. They appear to be the right length. Someone else who is intimately familiar with this reference may have first-hand knowledge.

watch_treasures likes this.
  3. bubba48 Jul 19, 2018

Wonderful military watch; probably an AM 6B/159.

Syrte likes this.
  4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jul 19, 2018

The person who opined on the other forum is one of the most knowledgeable persons I know of on these types of watches.
    The seconds hand is indeed a replacement as the correct one should have an oval counterpoise.
    The other hands are correct. The crown is an incorrect replacement but a member from "the other forum" has commissioned a batch of restauration replacements made like the original and may still have a few available.
    The dial is lovely.
    Regs

Edited Jul 19, 2018
    watch_treasures and Dan S like this.
  5. Watchvintage Aug 28, 2018

Sorry i am new here. I am looking for a 30t2 honeycomb oversize for sale. Can you point me in the right direction. Like how do i access the watches for sale and search for the above model.

6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 28, 2018

Hi there, welcome to the forum.
    Please read the forum rules, look at the sales forum "private sales", and use the search function -at the upper right corner of the screen with a "loupe" sign like on most websites.