Omega 2900 dial/ hand combination - Help much Appricated!

Dear all,

I am looking at an Omega 2900 at the moment. The watch is in amazing condition - case appears to be unpolished with some dings and scratches here and there. Via the Omega website and other sources I was able to confirm that the movement inside is correct (267, but can also be 266).

However, I am having trouble finding out if the dial and handset belong in this piece. From what I was able to research mist pieces were shipped with stick indices and dagger hands (as opposed to numerals and leaf hands on this example). Does anyone know if this dial and handset belongs to this reference?

38F0A132-3EA4-4D50-85F0-A2AAEF227B2B.jpeg

I am feeling quite confident about the piece overall, due to the harmonious and good condition as well as the correct movement.

You‘re help would be much appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

Hi. I do not know to answer to your question but i am also interested for vintage watches where to search to find after the reference number if the hands were not replaced in the past and if they match with the watch. Looking forward for the answer of more experienced members. Thank you.

Hi. I do not know to answer to your question but i am also interested for vintage watches where to search to find after the reference number if the hands were not replaced in the past and if they match with the watch. Looking forward for the answer of more experienced members. Thank you.

Unless there is manufacturer documentation one can never be 100% certain with vintage watches. Therefore, looking at pieces with the same reference from the same production run/ timeframe is usually your best bet (ideally at trustable dealers for exmaple H.Q. Milton). This processes works quite well usually, for example if you are looking to buy Speedmaster, Seamaster or other common models.

Another thing to look out for is the presence of lume on the dial, if so the hands should have lume applied as well and vice versa. This rule also has exceptions but mainly in special/ high end pieces. For example serti dial Submariners feature stones where the lume would be applied, however the hands were kept with lume (this piece is not my cup of tea btw, but just the first one that came to mind)

Looks fine to me. There were so many dial variations during this period finding an exact match for a given reference just isn't always possible.

Looks fine to me. There were so many dial variations during this period finding an exact match for a given reference just isn't always possible.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Dear all,

I am looking at an Omega 2900 at the moment. The watch is in amazing condition - case appears to be unpolished with some dings and scratches here and there. Via the Omega website and other sources I was able to confirm that the movement inside is correct (267, but can also be 266).

However, I am having trouble finding out if the dial and handset belong in this piece. From what I was able to research mist pieces were shipped with stick indices and dagger hands (as opposed to numerals and leaf hands on this example). Does anyone know if this dial and handset belongs to this reference?

38F0A132-3EA4-4D50-85F0-A2AAEF227B2B.jpeg

I am feeling quite confident about the piece overall, due to the harmonious and good condition as well as the correct movement.

You‘re help would be much appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

You don't like leaf hands? Don't buy it. And give us the links to the watch, because many will. And on a side note: why on Earth should your watch with this combo be found on the Net? Millions were produced. Follow your gut feeling and if it speaks to you , do it.

You don't like leaf hands? Don't buy it. And give us the links to the watch, because many will. And on a side note: why on Earth should your watch with this combo be found on the Net? Millions were produced. Follow your gut feeling and if it speaks to you , do it.

I don't recall the OP saying he/she didn't like leaf hands. I presume it was more a question of originality which thankfully has already been answered.

Nice watch BTW 👍

Much appreciated and amazing pieces! Have you come across any with leaf hands?
I don't really remember, but it looks good anyway.😀

I don't recall the OP saying he/she didn't like leaf hands. I presume it was more a question of originality which thankfully has already been answered.

Nice watch BTW 👍

Many thanks fir clarifiying 😀 That‘s almost right, I love the look and I don‘t doubt the originality of the dial and hands of the 2900 I am looking at. I was mainly concerned about the topic if the dial and hands belong to reference number 2900. I am even fairly certain that the dial belongs in the watch, since many pictures can be found of the watches with this reference and dial. However, they all feature dagger hands, similar to the ones shown in tamura‘s picture (mostly the style of hands of watch on the right)

Many thanks! I love the look. I tried to re-phrase my question above.

Many thanks! I love the look. I tried to re-phrase my question above.

Yes it's important for new members take extra care when phrasing a question, or face the peanut gallery's venom 😁

Missing a number of the reference

2900 - ? The number might tell what sort of dial would be in that case