Omega 2846 - Redial Help

Posts
7
Likes
0
Hi Legends,
Hope everyone is well.
I would like some advice on redial options for this Omega 2846.
The marker misalignment is bothering me a fair bit at this stage.
Located in Australia and happy to hear your thoughts and advice (local or international)
Regards
MJ

 
Posts
6,837
Likes
10,655
The marker is the least of your problems...
 
Posts
9,253
Likes
77,072
It’s difficult but, for the money you’d spend trying to sort out this redial, you might as well get another watch.

I assume that you have a case and that the watch runs well.

In your position, I’d put it up for auction and take what I can get. Someone who doesn’t mind wearing a badly repainted dial will buy it, wear it, and enjoy it.

But, make sure you disclose that the dial is repainted in your sales particulars otherwise you may have to refund the buyer.

You can always describe it as refurbished, refinished or repainted, some other euphemism.
 
Posts
1,611
Likes
6,050
My advice, if you want to keep the watch, is looking for an original dial online. Sometimes, with patience, something pops up.
 
Posts
7
Likes
0
It’s difficult but, for the money you’d spend trying to sort out this redial, you might as well get another watch.

I assume that you have a case and that the watch runs well.

In your position, I’d put it up for auction and take what I can get. Someone who doesn’t mind wearing a badly repainted dial will buy it, wear it, and enjoy it.

But, make sure you disclose that the dial is repainted in your sales particulars otherwise you may have to refund the buyer.

You can always describe it as refurbished, refinished or repainted, some other euphemism.
Yes do have a case and runs. Needs a service though.
Was hoping to keep it and hence asking for recommendations.
Thanks for your advice, may put up for auction if I cant get too far with it.
 
Posts
7
Likes
0
My advice, if you want to keep the watch, is looking for an original dial online. Sometimes, with patience, something pops up.
Agree, definitely considering this option as well.
Any particular places you recommend keeping an eye on ?
Thanks.
 
Posts
1,611
Likes
6,050
Agree, definitely considering this option as well.
Any particular places you recommend keeping an eye on ?
Thanks.

Definitely The Bay.
 
Posts
243
Likes
701
What am I missing here .....
That the marker is not the only thing wrong with the dial - it's been entirely repainted (the dial as black, all the wording, and all the minute markers)
 
Posts
487
Likes
402
Something ese to consider is sending it to Omega to be serviced and redialed. It's expensive, but I like the results I get whenever I send a beaten-up watch (You have to know what kind of beaten-up watch) back to Bienne.
 
Posts
7
Likes
0
That the marker is not the only thing wrong with the dial - it's been entirely repainted (the dial as black, all the wording, and all the minute markers)
Thanks I understand that. So it shouldn't be black ?
 
Posts
7
Likes
0
Something ese to consider is sending it to Omega to be serviced and redialed. It's expensive, but I like the results I get whenever I send a beaten-up watch (You have to know what kind of beaten-up watch) back to Bienne.
Thanks yes definitely on my list and have spoken to them. But just weighing my options.
 
Posts
3,616
Likes
7,838
This is a common reference lots of them around. I wouldn’t spend any more money on this one. Buying a decent example will cost less.
 
Posts
243
Likes
701
Thanks I understand that. So it shouldn't be black ?
No, the dial you have there was originally white. (Black dials were relatively less common back then, so they are a minefield)
 
Posts
7
Likes
0
No, the dial you have there was originally white. (Black dials were relatively less common back then, so they are a minefield)
This is tough news for me haha ...
I thought atleast the dial configuration would be correct.
Please share this knowledge with me and how did you identify it was originally white.
Appreciate you sharing the wisdom. 🙏
 
Posts
3,616
Likes
7,838
Here’s a post of my 2846 with some info on reference and a video