Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega 2639 - 36mm - Black gilt high gloss

1. donkii Jul 11, 2021

[​IMG]

This Omega is really something. The black high glossy Gilt dial with raised lume makes this piece stand out. The watch it self is in really good condition and will probably become the best 2639 in almost every collection out there.
    The small white mark you can notice underneath the A in Omega is a mark on the crystal. You will see some marks on the crystal on some of the pictures so I want to reassure that it's on the crystal and not the dial, the dial is without damages.

The watch it self is a ref 2639-4 with a caliber 265 and dates to early 1950's. The movement runs with strong power reserve and winds up smoothly. Movement is nice and clean as you can see in the pictures. Unknown service history.

When it comes to the case it's nicely looking and probably in it's original shape, sharp where you want it to be so to speak. There are no deep scratches or such but as always there are wear and tear on a 70-year old watch. The crown is original and marked with the Omega logo.

And then we're getting to the crown jewel of this watch, the dial.
    This is probably as good as it gets. The dial is deeply black which you can see on the pictures shown. The high glossy dial is without age spots and cracks. The lume is great, raised like small soufflés with nice patinated color and the same will be said for the hands that have the same patinated lume. As I pointed out earlier, the marks you see on the pictures is on the crystal.

• Brand: Omega
    • Reference: 2639-4
    • Movement: Calibre 265
    • Case: All steel with a steel caseback. Honest condition and I would say that it hasn't been touched up since the case still has the original shape present.
    • Case Size: 36mm without crown.
    • Dial: Original Black Gilt Dial, condition as presented in pictures.
    • Crown: Original Omega, Stamped with Omega Logo.
    • Crystal: Used, in ok condition and would probably be OK for whoever who buys it but I would suggest a new crystal so the dial can steal the show.
    • Comes with a new leather strap together with an Omega Buckle.

The last black gilt 2639 I sold was probably the best 2639 ever to be sold here, it was fantastic. It sold directly for the asking price of €2000 and because of that and because this watch would benefit of a new crystal I price this a little lower.

Was €1795, Now €1600 inc. shipping world wide from Sweden within EU.

A couple of hundred references from here on OF but also from plenty of other national and international forums.

Pictures is a part of the description!

Thanks OF for the possibility to advertise!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Jul 29, 2021
    rbob99, Spruce, Drew1994 and 31 others like this.
  2. perks713 Jul 11, 2021

That watch checks so many boxes for me, black dial, sub second, 50's, significant wrist presence. I wish I had the money! Good luck with the sale.

Foo2rama, Pazzo, HaxyByte and 3 others like this.
  3. Dr.Sascha Jul 13, 2021

Really lovely piece. GLWS!

Who made the strap, btw? That's very fine work.

donkii likes this.
  4. donkii Jul 14, 2021

Don't you have a kidney to sell ;) ?
    Jokes a side, thanks, it's a really nice watch.

Thank you!
    I don't know actually but I might need to figure it out since I've had PMs regarding the strap as well.

perks713 likes this.
  5. donkii Jul 16, 2021

Bump:)

6. donkii Jul 18, 2021

Bump and reduced to 1650euro

7. donkii Jul 29, 2021

Bump 1600euro

8. Dsplash Jul 30, 2021

Pm sent :)