Forums Latest Members
  1. Rowdy Mar 7, 2021

I recently received my 2254 back from service from OSC Miami and it’s looking very nice after complete polish. The service card that came with the watch said it was regulated to +4. Its not running anywhere near that. On the wrist it runs around -1 to -2 per day. If I put it on the winder, it’s worse at around -5. My concern is that it will only get worse over time. Should I send it back for a recheck? The reason i sent it in for service in the first place was due to it running slow.

image.jpg
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 7, 2021

Don't put it on a winder. Job done.

wagudc likes this.
  3. YY77 Mar 7, 2021

I would rather take -1 than +4 as it's more accurate, if you skip the winder and check a position overnight which gives you a gain to balance the loss while wearing, since it's an automatic movement the power reserve could easily be topped by wearing daily.

Rowdy likes this.
  4. SkunkPrince Mar 7, 2021

Make sure it's fully wound and just wear it. I suspect in a couple of days it will be fine.

Sometimes shipping traumatizes them....

Rowdy likes this.
  5. amcclell Mar 7, 2021

I would be perfectly happy with -1 to -2 seconds. See where it settles in but that is within COSC spec. I have a 2254 that has been serviced twice at 6 year intervals and it never changed much as time went on. A week or so after each service it settled in and stayed put.

Edited Mar 7, 2021
    wagudc likes this.
  6. SkunkPrince Mar 7, 2021

It might also have gotten magnetized on its way back.

7. time flies Mar 7, 2021

As I understand: a magnetized watch will run fast. Very fast. But yeah...maybe.

have fun
    kfw
    20191223_073342.jpg

8. SkunkPrince Mar 7, 2021

I've had all sorts of weirdo things happen with magentized watches. Just depends on how it happens.

9. Dan S Mar 7, 2021

They don't test it on the wrist, but in different positions (dial up, dial down, crown up, etc.). Their regulation may have been perfectly fine.

wsfarrell likes this.
  10. pianomankd Mar 8, 2021

Beautiful watch!

11. Rado63 Mar 8, 2021

If the card that came back from OSC reads that the watch is running +4 sec / day then I believe the watch should be averaging that spec. At least that has been my experience with Omega and the service center. Wind and wear it everyday for a week and check it out. If it's not averaging as serviced, I would call the service center and send it back for a re evaluation.

12. wsfarrell Mar 8, 2021

As @Dan S said above, The service center puts the watch on a machine and tests it in several standard positions. You cannot expect the watch to perform exactly the same while wearing it. If it really bugs you, wear it normally for a week, take note of the average daily deviation, then bring it to a local watchmaker and ask them to "regulate it to the wearer," as mentioned by @Archer in this thread: How do YOU regulate? | WatchUSeek Watch Forums

13. SkunkPrince Mar 8, 2021

(What, I write "adjust for wear" and no one pays attention?)

Be aware that if you have anyone but Omega authorized crack that case for any reason, your two-year service warranty is void.

Trust me, I share your frustration. I no longer send anything directly to Omega for service because the Miami service center has done a poor job for me with multiple watches over the years.