Forums Latest Members

SOLD OMEGA 2179 US Army "Civilian Version" 30T2SC Radial Dial - $400

1. MikeMan2727 Aug 3, 2019

For sale is an Omega 2179/5 from approximately 1944-1945. This is the so-called US Army "civilian version", as there is no "US ARMY" case back engraving.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

The case is in excellent condition with sharp lines and lugholes. The case is about 35 mm across without crown and 41 mm lug-to-lug. The caseback is also in excellent condition with some light surface scratches

The radial dial has developed patina, as seen in the photos. There is some loss to the printing from 56 seconds - 59 seconds on the outer track. There is also radium lume loss to the numbers. The hands are original and have been relumed with tritium at some point in the past. They are developing a darker patina, close the residual dial lume.

The crystal may be original to the watch - I am not sure - and has a few scratches, most noticeable around 12 o clock. The unsigned crown is original and appears similar to other 2179s I have seen.

The cal 30T2SC movement is very clean. Time setting and winding are crisp. It has not serviced in my possession, but there are many service marks on the inside caseback.

The watch will come head only - the brown strap in the photos is quite short and was made custom to my measurements.

4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

I am asking $500 which will include shipping in the USA. International deals are gladly welcome and will ship at cost to buyer. Transferwise preferred for international trades. Returns accepted only if the watch is misrepresented. I have many feedback on OF if you search "MikeMan2727" in the Seller Profile and Reviews section!

Thanks OF for the space!

Edited Aug 4, 2019
    TimtimeIntl, bigsom, raider44 and 6 others like this.
  2. MikeMan2727 Aug 18, 2019

Let's do one price drop to $400.

EDIT: Sold elsewhere, thanks for looking

Edited Aug 22, 2019