Forums Latest Members
  1. fac.bem Feb 8, 2016

Good Morning Everyone,

It's my first post on this forum and I am just started to be interested in watch.

I have an Omega dated back 1966 with a mechanism dated back 1959. It does not belong to any of the 4 Omega watch families but I made it certified by Omega. The caliber is cat. 3A, the case ref 132.019 and movement 21671254. I have a problem as the Crown and the stem is missing. I would like to make it fix by a watch maker in NY but to avoid to pay too much I will buy a Crown and a stem and bring it directly to him.

My questions are:
    - Where can I find the correct crown and stem? I was looking on ebay but there are so many different kind of it that I am a little bit lost.
    - Does someone can recommend me a good watch repair store in NY?

Thank you very nuch.
    Best,
    Florian

IMG_1146.JPG
  2. ulackfocus Feb 8, 2016

Hi Florian. A serial number in the 21 million range dates the movement to 1964. If we knew the exact caliber number (3A isn't it) we could probably help you locate the parts you need.

3. fac.bem Feb 8, 2016

Hi Ulackfocus,

Thank you for your quick answer.
    Unfortunately they didn't give it to me when I have been to the Omega store, they only said Caliber is a Cat. 3A.
    I don't have the tools to open it, so I will go to a random watch maker see if he can give me this detail.

I will keep you in touch in the coming days.

4. chronos Feb 8, 2016

Hi Florian
    I guess you asked about servicing costs at the Omega boutique?
    As they put watches into categories according to year / cal. / type of movement in order to give you an idea of servicing costs, the salesman probably just meant 'it's cat. 3A, so a service would cost about 600.- $'

Here's a link to show you what I'm talking about:
    https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/service-prices/?no_cache=1

You'd best go to a watchmaker to let open the case in order to take pictures from the movement as well as from the back of the case back. Then post the pics here and I'm sure you will find someone here who can answer all your questions.

Edited because of typos / additions.

Edited Feb 8, 2016
  5. ChrisN Feb 8, 2016

6. fac.bem Feb 8, 2016

Hi Chronos,

You are right, it was indeed the price he indicated me.
    I will try to get a photo this week.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Thank you, I will have a look if it's what I need.