Forums Latest Members

OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Limited Editions – Railmaster, Seamaster 300, Speedmaster’57

1. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Nov 24, 2017

Well, i'm disappointed by the commercial approach, or worse, unability to deliver on time, from Omega, but I still love the Watch and will certainly not cancel my purchase. It's a great one and you could regret it if you switch to another model.

Pun likes this.
  2. Meanjohnbrown Nov 24, 2017

After a bit of searching for a genuine 60s/70s buckle (there seem a serious amount of fakes out there :-/) I bought what appears very original. I think I prefer it to the buckle Omega are putting out with the trilogy

3. Meanjohnbrown Nov 24, 2017

And the photos 97F92D68-EA87-4BC7-9ED9-0832F9B8DE97.jpeg 7A3AB3E7-E5C5-410F-978D-E3317B635BC1.jpeg

B9BA8BF4-3BF5-4040-A097-C9B0C0D06F87.jpeg 5E6E3374-9251-4454-8E23-4F5492C7E6B3.jpeg
    frazierspa likes this.
  4. Xtof Nov 25, 2017

I do understand your frustration but I don’t think deliveries are related to any client status at the OB.

From my experience, they just have very little control on the delivery schedule.

In my personal case, I have a good relationship with the OB staff. I am pleased by the way I am treated: top service and support for both modern and vintage watches, good and transparent discussion, invitation to some exclusive events, etc.

For this Trilogy set, I had been proactively contacted by the OB, a bit before the official announcement at Basel (the rumor started to be discussed on the web...). I finally decided to book the 3 watches and not the Trilogy set because of the number printed on the dial. And thanks to the OB, I had the opportunity to get my favorite number, the same very low number for all 3 watches.

I am still waiting for the Railmaster. Luckily, I was among the first to get a Speedmaster in September. The Seamaster came mid October. Since then, I have waited for the third master to complete the trilogy. And when I talk with the staff at the OB, they don’t have any visibility on when it will come, although there had been many Railmaster delivered and some still available at ADs.

When Nick Hayek told recently to the press that Omega was very successful, with a capacity issue and 70 000 watches behind schedule, there could be some truth in his communication exercise.

We have to be patient.

5. YapStar Nov 25, 2017

Hi all,

Totally new to the forum and just wanted to share my very limited experience with the trilogy watch buying experience.
    Feel like I got very lucky with regards to the recent purchase. So literally the other day my wife decided to buy me a watch as my big b'day present. To be honest have no idea about watches but was luckily enough for a family friend to look recommend or suggest one. He was literally walking past an OB and they had the Seamaster 300 trilogy edition in the safe. Have no idea on how the ordering system works and whether they had a waiting list or not but they put aside for me to have a look at it. As soon as I saw the watch, loved it, classic understated and just looks really nice (especially the size) The whole experience was great, and probably not to be repeated again, they also threw in a bottle of champagne and omega pen etc which was a nice touch. From looking at the threads it seems that I've lucked out on getting the watch and really happy with it, will definitely be wearing it a lot and will be wearing the leather strap in the warmer months.

gr8sw, frazierspa and munichblue like this.
  6. blokk Nov 25, 2017

Still waiting. OB couldn’t even give me a date. It’ll come when it come, if it comes at all.

7. cristos71 Nov 25, 2017

For all those still waiting you do realise there is a very reasonably priced new one for sale in the Private Sales Forum right here on OF don't you? :whistling:

8. SouthernScot Nov 25, 2017

That’s what’s starting to worry me, the AD has had no news for a very long time now, and my information from Omega when they said probably the end of October was back in August.

9. SouthernScot Nov 25, 2017

Seen that and a good seller, but I’m sticking with my AD due to past relationship.

10. YapStar Nov 25, 2017

Just walked into AD in Kingston Upon Thames. They have a Speedmaster and Railmaster in stock. PM if you need details as hope it helps someone. Railmaster is 291, Seamaster I can't remember mid 1500 I think.

11. YapStar Nov 25, 2017

Sorry I meant Seamaster and Railmaster!

12. boltman Nov 25, 2017

Wow! great number

13. YapStar Nov 25, 2017

No I didn't get it. They are still available.

14. blokk Nov 25, 2017

OBs themselves don’t even have any information. It’ll be interesting to see how they communicate internally with one another.

15. munichblue Nov 26, 2017

Wow, you (they) knew of the numbered dials even before they were shown at Basel? Respect!

16. bobby shankit Nov 26, 2017

Anyone ordered a watch from the watch source limited, https://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/Omega/234.10.39.20.01.001.html ,they're listing the seamaster trilogy at 10% off RRP so £4680 which seems too good to be true, although i appreciate they don't have the stock and there will be a wait it still seems a very good price if not bothered about waiting for it.

frazierspa likes this.
  17. daddykc Nov 27, 2017

WOW a below list price brand new in box 60th Speedy!!!
    (But I f you wait for them to be sold out, in time this one will start to appreciate )

cristos71 likes this.
  18. nicolsson Nov 28, 2017

I was yesterday by my dealer (official omega dealer n.d.r.).
    I would try on wrist the SM... and I passed.
    He had the railmaster too. Speedy is just gone!
    If I can help someone’s in difficult to find those feel free to contact me (pm).
    To avoid any misunderstanding : it is only a courtesy from me to omegaforums people. Moderator feel free to canceling it if that’s against any rules.

frazierspa likes this.
  19. friendharry Nov 28, 2017

Just got a great news feom my OB!
    My Trilogy set is on its way !!! May be the 1st one delivered in the US. I should get it soon now.
    Cannot wait!

20. fskywalker Nov 30, 2017

Can someone provide the lug to lug length of the Seamaster 300 60th? I understand the Railmaster 60th length is 48mm (just as the Speedy Pro) and wonder the size of the Seamaster