Forums Latest Members
  1. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

Hello
    Looking for help.
    Does anybody know about this omega model.
    With its small stainless steel case, black dial and little second it looks like an officer version and on the backside it looks like a suvarän.
    According to the movement numb IMG_20200123_165617.jpg IMG_20200127_115113.jpg IMG_20200123_164029.jpg IMG_20200123_163904.jpg er its made 1939.
    I got it from a collector whos older than the watch and a german uhrmacher meister.
    Any idea?

Thanks
    Adrian

2. ConElPueblo Mar 12, 2020

It's a redialed Officer.

Waltesefalcon and watchyouwant like this.
  3. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

Thanks but did the officer exist in this small 32 casing and redialed means, for some reason it got a new dial, correct?

4. mac_omega Mar 12, 2020

1) yes, the Officer is quite small

2) no, the dial was not swapped, it was re-printed

Waltesefalcon and watchyouwant like this.
  5. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

6. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

Ok, thanks lot

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 12, 2020

Worth 50% less now with that dial.....German Uhrmacher Meister? Should have known the lousy reprinted Dial.... kind regards. Achim

8. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

No big deal as i got it for little money and i prefer restored over scrap metal. Should it be oldtimers or anything else.
    Quit possible the old collector knew but i didnt ask.
    Family is always happy to wear different watches.
    Cheers
    Adrian

ConElPueblo likes this.
  9. harrymai86 Mar 12, 2020

Did you check the movement?

10. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

Yes of course. Apart from the dial which i couldnt identify its all in immaculate condition, got serviced and runs perfect.
    What i sometimes dont understand is the hissy fit about keeping things in untouched condition.
    Oldtimers/cars/bikes full of rust and dirt ( nowadays called patina) get usually restored and everybody is happy.
    Same applies for me for watches.
    I think scrappy old watches aren't attractive, so if necessary i change the wristband, get it cleaned and serviced. If something is broken, replaced.
    And above all, the watch had to work. It'll be used, not hidden in some drawer.
    Just my opinion

11. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 12, 2020

No hissy fit just different view on watch collecting. Your opinion is respected and so should the opinion of us who love untouched complete factory watches.

ConElPueblo and Waltesefalcon like this.
  12. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

Calling it like that, i totally agree with you!
    But letting people know that worth is 50 % less now, i find quite funny.
    First its all about you payed. And this was very little money. So, all fine anyway.
    As well as i didnt ask about the price, just about what model it could be.
    Second,
    i dont do business with watches, i use it.
    And last but not least the smelly comment about the collector/Uhrmachermeister is a bit unlucky, as you dont know anything about him or my relationship towards him and has nothing to do with my initial question.
    Thanks to all for the answers and keep on enjoying phantastic old craftmenship.
    Cheers
    Adrian

13. Waltesefalcon Mar 12, 2020

Alexander, the previous comment about the value reflects what the current collecting community values, which is originality. Any comment about the uhrmachermeister again reflects current values within the collecting community. It was once a proforma operation for a watchmaker to have a dial refinished during a service if the dial was starting to show its age. This redial was not particularly well executed and it does hurt the value of the watch.

Edited Mar 12, 2020
  14. FW190 Mar 12, 2020

Absolutely correct but it wasnt related to my question.
    All the rest would be a different topic.
    The way of discussion and the many point of views you already know. So better not.
    Enjoy your hobby.
    Best regards and cheers
    Adrian