Forums Latest Members
  1. Photoman Aug 1, 2022

Hello All
    New to the forum and I recently purchased a Omega Pilot watch (not received yet) and going be the serial number it was made around in 1926. The crown has come off, but the watch is still working. I wanted to ask if anybody has anymore information regarding this watch and it also has a clear back on it, so I wanted to know if this is a third party back on the watch. I would appreciate any information you have to share with me.

Omega Pilot-1.1.jpg Omega Pilot-1.2.jpg Omega Pilot-1.3.jpg Omega Pilot-1.4.jpg Omega Pilot-1.5.jpg Omega Pilot-1.jpg Omega Pilot-2.jpg Omega Pilot-3.jpg Omega Pilot-4.jpg Omega Pilot-5.jpg
  2. mac_omega Aug 1, 2022

sorry to be the bearer of bad news: its a pocketwatch movement recased in a modern case (see-through back).
    Its a marriage as we call it - its not a watch that left the Omega factory like this

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2022

The movement is Omega, but the case and crown are modern additions.
    The dial has either been repainted, or as I suspect, replaced with a modern imitation.

4. Photoman Aug 1, 2022

So it is an original Omega pocket watch, but changed to wrist watch. Am I correct in saying it is a pilot watch because of the triangle and dots?
    Can I ask the price of this marriage in average condition? Thanks again.

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 1, 2022

$ 100 max.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2022

The triangle and dots were originally used on "fleiger" or pilot watches to quickly identify 12 o'clock.

The ones on this watch would be useless as they are not lured.

7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 1, 2022

They " lured " in the buyer here......

mac_omega, DaveK, Omegafanman and 2 others like this.
  8. Photoman Aug 1, 2022

Thanks for all the help. I didn't pay "Omega" price for the watch, but bought it as a wearer watch.

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 1, 2022

If you like it and if you can afford it, enjoy it.

Aaaaargh! I blame auto connect!

Vitezi and ConElPueblo like this.
  10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 1, 2022

Auto Connect is pretty good as well....

mac_omega likes this.
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 1, 2022

Be careful how you wear it. There is no case tube for a crown seal to ride on, and the stem just goes through what is basically a open hole in the side of the case. Not unusual in these watches, that usually originate in the Ukraine. The case is also most likely a snap together case with no seals, so you will not want to get this anywhere near water, or wear it in the rain, or even on a really humid day...

BroMega likes this.
  12. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 1, 2022

It could help a Ukrainian watchmaker in need!