Hy Moser & Cie Pilot Watch Flea Market Find: ID Help

Posts
4,495
Likes
10,986
So the bi-annual Round Top Texas Flea Market just started. I picked up this Moser & Cie pilot. A quick search on the web turned up nothing. I thought, ok, someone added the name to the dial but then found the case back and movement also signed. Cool looking is why I bought it. I had suspicions of authenticity so I didn't pay much for it. The case is a little over 36mm. No question that the age is there. I cleaned up the case, crystal and added a crown. Looked very crappy when I bought it. I would appreciate any information / feedback from the collective 😀

 
Posts
18,736
Likes
38,884
The import code on the balance looks like EOP which was Paul V. Eisner & Co - Adina, Alpina, Harvel, Rennsie.
Hy Moser & Co was DXZ, but there could have been other importers at the time besides whoever represented Moser.
 
Posts
18,736
Likes
38,884
PS: Looks to be a caliber 188 by Unitas.
Pic from eBay also with EOP import code.

 
Posts
4,495
Likes
10,986
The case had 50 years of crud built up on it. The crown was worn the hell out. I'm trying to grasp if someone would go through the trouble and not clean everything up like every "Ulysse Nardin" that I come across. Whatever, cool watch, cheap price and it runs. Radium reading is off the chart. Who knows. Below is a pic of my day:

 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Score!....

I mean its junk I will pay for shipping and and dispose of it....

Considering their modern trajectory, these older pieces are almost impossible to ignore as great buys when found.
 
Posts
368
Likes
1,677
A fantastic find (and finds); no one here is jealous. At all.

If you clean it up further or find more info, let us know.

Also, this means you're now an Alpine F1 fan...which is better than being a Williams fan at the moment...
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,106
Looks wonderful… great pick up. From what I’ve read the current co is a revival brand …