Omega 18K Geneve 'Pie Pan' - Opinions Sought

Hi all,

I'm seriously contemplating this c. 1960 Omega Geneve 'Pie Pan' in 18K gold. I've seen it in person and it looks stunning. Dial is immaculate, and there is no evidence of polishing, as it retains its original vertical brushing on the side of the lugs and the facets/lines are intact. Comes with original box and strap. It appears to be French made, with 'eagle head' 18K hallmarks on the case side, one of the lugs and case back. It keeps very good time, running well at +5spd.

I only have 2 questions:-
1. Could someone please help me find the reference number of this piece, as I have been struggling to find this variant (manual cal 610, pie pan, no crosshair with date and onyx hands and markers)!
2. I personally have zero doubts about authenticity, and the seller is highly trustworthy with lots of dealings in past, but might as well run it past wiser and more knowlegable people here
3. Where would you ballpark price something like this? I interested to hear your thoughts. I was thinking around $2.4K USD.

Many thanks all

Not too many old Geneves with hand winding caliber and date window - I would put my money on ref. 14724 (this would cover cal. 610)

Most of them had the cross hair but I found one 14724 on chrono24 without (the style of the indices is almost the same)
Omega Genève Vintage UltraRare Two Tone Dial Servised für 990 € kaufen von einem Seller auf Chrono24

The watch looks honest to me (it is hard to say from the pics you postet)

pros: old geneve with nice dial are sought after, sharp case, original strap with omega buckle and box

cons: handwinding cal. with date window is probably not the most sought after combination with those geneves, the price!

In my opinion the price is way to high.
Best duffy
Edited:

I would say that's worth around £1250. The last one of these that I owned was a no date, which is arguably more desirable, however the case was not as sharp. I sold that for around £800-900 around 2 years ago. Given the better condition, I think a valuation of around £1250 would be a fair price to buyer and seller. Given the world economy however, I feel that even at that price there would still be some room for negotiation, and if it was me buying it I'd offer £1000.

That's a really nice watch and set. The box, strap and buckle (assuming it's 18k) alone are worth $300-400.

I doubt any collector or dealer would let this set go for less than $1500-1750USD, unless they are desperate to sell.

Thank you so much everyone for your very thoughtful responses!

I'll work on price. I agree this is a gorgeous piece!