Omega 166.0098

Posts
267
Likes
726
Curious if anyone ever seen a dial in such bad condition yet the name, logo and minute track in good condition? Curious what could cause such a thing. Heat perhaps?

 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Blue dials of this vintage are notorious for this type of damage, most likely moisture.
 
Posts
24,799
Likes
55,080
This one has a lot going on, but I often see the degradation starting around the lume plots.
 
Posts
617
Likes
1,967
Seems like this one and I have no idea what happened but that is too much even for me (who likes patina)
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
Seems like this one and I have no idea what happened but that is too much even for me (who likes patina)

Actually no, blue dials have unique and distinct way of deterioration. Regular silvered and lacquered dials its usually damage to the lacquer and then the underling finish.