Forums Latest Members
  1. YOSDav Jan 17, 2018

Hi All, I have been a long term lurker and finally decided to make an account. I am very much in love with vintage watches (especially Omega) and baby most of mine. This has often led to difficult decisions as I would like to keep my pieces in the best condition while keeping their value in mind. I recently got the thought of replacing the internal tachymetre of my Omega Anakin Skywalker and was wondering whether I should do it - so I wanted the view of the community. Would replacing it with an Omega service part decrease its value? Should I do it? Here is a photo of the watch :) Thanks in advance

1516242215442312356886.jpg
  2. ATWG Jan 17, 2018

I wouldn’t replace it as it fits the overall condition of the watch. Your watch is not a mint safe queen, I see scratches/chips on th crystal. Let it be and enjoy.

Here is mine in all original condition, wouldn’t dream of replacing a single thing.

44138450-9CD6-4A82-AD7F-0AAE53BA2116.jpeg
    YOSDav likes this.
  3. YOSDav Jan 18, 2018

Thanks for your words. I forgot to mention that I am also motivated because the tachy is positioned wrong. My watchmaker had a look and said that the ring might get damaged if it was to be repositioned because it is glued on. Would that be worth it the trade off?

4. ATWG Jan 18, 2018

If it bothers you enough, then go for it...

5. incabloc Jan 18, 2018

Bezels should be still available from Omega.
    IMG_0145.JPG

YOSDav likes this.
  6. YOSDav Jan 18, 2018

Thanks a million, I will inquire into it - that's a very nice looking Anakin :thumbsup:

7. Adamo Mar 23, 2018

Lovely Anakins. I just bought one recently and Omega serviced the watch and replaced the internal bezel as the rubber seal had melted and run down onto the bezel partially obscuring the tachymetre. It looks great and doesn't look mismatched with the patina of the watch. However, when I got the old bezel home I realised that they could have just removed the oily rubber film from the bezel and put it back in the watch. My first question is how best do I clean the rubber off the surface, which I assume is ceramic or acrylic? Any suggestions? If I can get it clean, I might consider putting it back in the watch to keep it fully original.

Anakin S Omega1.jpg Anakin Post.jpg
  8. Fatcat Mar 23, 2018

Change your bezel, Omega in charge you an equivalent of 20€ for the part , and maybe the in-house watchmaker will change for you and give a coffee for free.