Omega 145.022 69ST w/1039/516 "Pre-Moon" - Price Lowered

FS 
$7000USD
I have a 145.022-69ST pre-Moon for sale. I bought it in 2012 and it seemed all original. Archer serviced it shortly after I bought it and replaced the crown and got it running perfectly. I've worn it sparingly since I've had it serviced, mostly because of the fear of water intrusion. I like the look of these watches and figure I could put the proceeds towards a new Hesalite 3861 which is very similar in appearance and actually wear that instead. Someone else can enjoy this one and put money into it or wear it as is.

I believe that this is in very good condition overall. The DO90 bezel is in absolutely perfect condition. I did not have the watch polished when last serviced. The crystal and pushers are original to my ownership. The crown was replaced. I moved a few years ago and put all of the parts that Archer had returned to me (four watches worth) into a single box and then put that box into a plastic tote in storage. I haven't got to that plastic tote yet. I'm continuing to go through more and more stuff and you will be immediately notified if I find those returned parts (the crown, really).

There is damage to the dial near the 15 minute mark. I took a picture through a 6x loupe to show this. It is hard to see unless you know what to look for while wearing the watch. I think its location and size could lend itself to some creative and talented cover up by a professional that could make it practically unnoticeable.

It includes a ref. 1039/516 in excellent condition. All of the links are present and tight. I haven't seen many of these bracelets that appear to be in this good of condition and at the complete length. The clasp stamps appear to be correct for this vintage watch.

The watch ran at +/-1 second per day that last time I wound it and let it run on my desk which is what it was running like when it first came back from Archer.

There is some corrosion pitting that may prevent the watch from ever being water resistant. It may be repairable, it might not matter. I elected not to replace the pushers and Archer and I knew those weren't water resistant, so there was no point in testing the watch otherwise. I planned to have the pushers reconditioned or replaced and attempt to seal the watch, but I don't have the money and am running out of time.

Not pictured, but the iron movement cover is included.

I'm asking $8000 now $7000 via USPS Money Order, bank transfer/wire, certified or cashier's check (must clear prior to watch shipping). NO PAYPAL. This price includes shipping via Registered USPS Priority Mail with signature required by the addressee only. Shipping via Registered Mail in the United States only. May open sale to outside the US at a later time. Will also gladly take part in a face-to-face transaction or trade in the New England area.

Will consider the following trades:
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M 41.5 mm, steel on steel ref. 231.10.42.21.03.001
Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional 42 mm, steel on steel ref. 310.30.42.50.01.001

To be truthful, I could probably put the money to better use right now, but the above are nice watches.

Contact me via PM to discuss price/make offer, alternate shipping methods, and to request additional pictures. Ask any and all questions prior to purchase. Returns are accepted if grossly misrepresented.

I sold one watch and traded another successfully in 2022. I sold four watches in 2023. I sold one watch face-to-face this year. All of these transactions were through Watchuseek. I have purchased a few items and watches from fellow WUS forum members since 2008. I’m principally a buyer on eBay, too, with the same username. I know as a buyer what I like and will provide the same level of service I’ve experienced over the years.

Currently hold a 5-star WUS Marketplace rating with five sales. <- - Link to WUS sales review page for 2023 and 2024 sales

Sale and trade from 2022:
Great transaction with Josiahg52
Great trading with tregan13

Other (as buyer) reviews:
josiahg52
josiahg52 is GTG!
Daemos is a top seller
josiahg52 is a great buyer
Successful sale with josiahg52
Great deal with Josiahg52
Member zaytsuca is an awesome seller!
josiahg52 is great buyer!
Seller Gepetto82; perfect experience
Edited:

Added some lume pictures. I also talked to some service providers and I figure about $1000 for a movement service, dial damage touch up (no wiping and redial), new crystal (may be required, but not indicated), laser welding and machining to repair pitting corrosion, new gaskets, crown and pusher rebuilding, and water testing. I've lowered the price.