Forums Latest Members
  1. 16520 Oct 28, 2015

I am looking for a nice 145.014 with racing dial and found this auction, what do you guys think?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OME...696284?hash=item4884ebe09c:g:DoYAAOSwo0JWIYo0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    How do I know if the dial belongs to the watch, are these particular dials found during specific years/serial #?
    How do I know if it is a service dial or if it is period correct?
    Thanks!!

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 28, 2015

Dial looks original. The service dials don't have T's on them. Hands look age appropriate, nicely faded. The case is OK, but looks like the starburst finish has been polished off, a bit polished all round.

Can't see the movement number, but should be roughly 29m to 31m if I'm not mistaken.

Not bad for wear, probably not collector grade. Looks honest. Decent price.

3. 16520 Oct 28, 2015

Thanks for the advice, I see very nice ones are going for 2,3/2,5 so maybe better wait..for whoever is interested same seller has some nice pieces for sale including a big blue and a Seamaster 200! I love the big blue!!

4. tony72cutlass's' Oct 28, 2015

Looks nice! But why not consider a black dial? I just got this one and it looks really really sharp. Just had it serviced too, expensive but totally worth it for a job well done.

From what I understand is a freshly serviced one these days could fetch up to 3,5 to 4,0.. Considering if you pay 2,5 for a watch, by the time you'd replace the cristal, pushers, crown, gasket, and any parts you'll be around 3500 to 4000 dollars.

Just food for thought based on my experience!

image.jpg