Forums Latest Members
  1. semdot14 Jul 31, 2016

I am curious about the case style of the omega 145.006-66 specifically how the case was finished. Most examples I have seen are a simple circular brushing around the outside but I have found a few that have the sunburst pattern of like the mark II (including a pic from a replica sites who would think they would replicate such an obscure watch). I tried searching the omega archives and chronomaddox but one doesn't have a picture and the other is of a beat up version. <br />
    <br />
    So what do you guys think is the original? I am thinking its the more common circular but since its a cushion case similar to the mark II I'm not really sure. Thanks! Pics below.<br />
    <br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    [​IMG]<br />
    <br />
    Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

2. Finrod Felagund Jul 31, 2016

AJTT shows (p544) the ST 145.006 (1968) with a "sun-brushed bezel, polished bevels, horizontally brished straight case middle".

However it doesn't mean that the sun-burst has never been produced for this ref.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 31, 2016

I have one for sale in the parts section that was refinished by Omega. They swear it's correct, although that doesn't seem to the the consensus here.

4. semdot14 Jul 31, 2016

Yeah I saw that. I was digging around online and I found a few of the 18ct versions with either one. That's reassuring that AJTT has the sun brushed version since it is the more common version and the way that omega finishes it. Thank you Finrod for locating that.

Edited Jul 31, 2016