Forums Latest Members
  1. Omegad21 Dec 7, 2017

Hi folks,

I’ve just joined this forum and would like to say hello and ask for a little information please.
    I’m currently searching for a 1171 bracelet for my newly acquired Speedy Tuesday and not sure which version of the bracelet to buy.
    I’ve contacted the Omega Boutique in London and they have confirmed that they can supply a 1171/633 for around £340 (sterling), but have read on other forums that the modern iteration of the bracelet isn’t very good quality.
    Alternatively, I have two other options:

I have found,

1/what appears to be a good condition 1171/4 bracelet for sale but can’t find any info as to when these were in production and what quality they were.

Or

2/ A 1970s vintage bracelet that has been refurbished and looks from the photographs in excellent condition. I believe the vintage ones are the better quality, but its the most expensive option and though I don’t have a problem with the price being asked as it appears to be a fair asking price, I’m not really bothered whether the bracelet I fit to the Speedy is vintage or not.

I would be grateful to read any advice or opinions.

Thanks.

2. Davidt Dec 7, 2017

The vintage 1171 (usually has recessed logo within trapezoid) is better quality than the modern versions, but any should fit (possibly a bit of modification required going in some recent pics of the lugs).

3. Omegad21 Dec 7, 2017

Thanks, yes the vintage one I have mentioned has the trapezoidal recessed logo.