Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega ‘TV Dial’ Megaquartz 32Khz, XL TV dial variation with electric blue dial, excellent condition,

1. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 8, 2016

Evening all

This is a rare piece, I love these Omega 1970’s megaquartz watches and finding good examples of these XL TV dials is extremely difficult.

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

It is in excellent condition, unlike so many the dial hasn’t brassed and is perfect and come on original NOS shark skin deployant band.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Running cal 1310 this watch was introduced to the market in 1973, it was Omegas range topper (behind the MQ2.4Mhz) and when released cost nearly twice what a moon watch did (£248 compared to a new 145.002 at £136)

FullSizeRender.jpg

This watches were produced from 1973 to 1975 along with around 200 18K examples.

IMG_0128.JPG

The watch is stunning condition it is fully serviced and overhauled, is in excellent condition the new owner will have complete peace of mind and I am happy to honor a 3-month warranty on the watch.

Condition is superb:

Case: Excellent condition, it has been refinished with correct brush and polish finish, angles are nice and the bezel is in excellent condition.

Strap: Very rare original and completely NOS shark band with original Omega deployment buckle, the strap is super supple and and in perfect original and NOS condition, it can be adjusted to fit up to a 9 inch or as small as a 6-inch wrist.

Movement: Perfect and running very well (as you would expect) it is fully serviced and overhauled

Dial and hands: completely original and perfect, these dials are amazing and are electric blue and change colour in sunlight.

Box: NOS Omega service pouch

IMG_0129.JPG

It is a stunning piece, these watches were so amazingly well made and well put together and the XL variations of the TV dials just wear superbly as you can see from the supplied images

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

Please remember this is a really rare watch, although I appreciate quartz isn’t for everyone but this really isn’t your run of the mill quartz watch nor is it your run of the mill Omega, these are extremely rare and very well made watches and finding them in this condition is no easy to do.

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

Payment via BT or Paypal (as a gift), shipping via RMSD or International signed for

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

I am looking for £475 shipped

Edited Jan 17, 2016
  2. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 10, 2016

Couple of questions on this beauty:

1: All functions including the quick date and second trimming are working and it is running extremely well, over a week it is about 1-2 seconds out against my marine chronometer

2: the straps are interchangeable, omega still supply the calf band (same design as fitted but with a standard tang buckle). There is also a bracelet option and BCT's come up regularly on eBay for under £100

I'm going to do a off reduction to £450 shipped

3. Tom Dick and Harry Jan 17, 2016

One last bump for this beauty and on final reduction to

£425 shipped

This really is an amazing watch and bargain at the price