Forums Latest Members
  1. onesimo58 Aug 8, 2019

Hey watch lovers. I’m new here and fairly new to omega watches.

I’m curious if anyone here has used Omega’s warranty services and if so could you point me in some kind of direction?

The problem
    Alittle over one year I bought my dream watch. An Omega speedmaster professional moon watch. Bought it from an official Omega store in a mall. The watch functions flawlessly but there is an aesthetic blemish on the face plate that is pretty distracting. I can’t belive I missed that when I bought it.
    On one spot on the face plate there is a decent sized spot that looks like the black color was laid unevenly so the faceplate shows through.

I’m curious if omega fixes aesthetic problems like this. And where do you even begin to start with a warranty problem.

I hope they’ll warranty it considering how much it costs.

I’ve uploaded some photos to show the blemish I’m talking about.

Thanks in advance for any help.

E546D4A4-39A7-424A-9E9F-495070E4F29E.jpeg 82B0A13B-39F0-4336-9F0E-D2B1046F4838.jpeg
  2. MalaMD Aug 8, 2019

I haven't had to use the warranty yet but from what I have heard Omega are very accommodating when it comes to sorting out any issues. For something like that which looks like a manufacturing defect I would have thought they will change the dial without any cost to you

onesimo58 and connieseamaster like this.
  3. PhilF Aug 8, 2019

I'm quite sure they would correct this without any question, not only is their service excellent, but they are also very image conscious. They don't want a customer showing off a new watch with their name on it that has an obvious cosmetic flaw.
    My new Speedy is running +8-10 sec a day, my AD said bring it in, we'll put it on the Timegrapher and see if we can adjust it a bit closer as they typically run no more than +5/day. Couldn't be more accommodating.

onesimo58 likes this.
  4. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Aug 8, 2019

By coincidence I took my 4 month old Diver in to the Omega Boutique on Oxford Street just because I was passing this morning as the lume dot on the bezel is the wrong colour and the face lumes are not giving off the same level of glow and it has been annoying me. ( Watch bought from an AD not this boutique. )

The lady I dealt with could not have been more helpful, she examined my watch, agreed that it was not as expected and asked me to leave it with them while they get parts from head office as it is a newish product and they don’t have parts stock yet. They will fix the issues and will contact me when ready. Filled in a contact form myself enjoying a coffee while she completed the necessary paper work of which I left with a copy.

Very slick and professional interaction.

I would recommend this for your issue if you have a boutique near, but if you don’t I would try and AD anyway.

Your warranty is either 4 or 5 years so I would have thought the fact you have had it for a year should not be too much of a problem if it is a manufacturing issue, as it appears from your post.

Best of luck.

Paul

onesimo58 likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 8, 2019

Just go to the boutique and it will be addressed. Might be a few weeks but it will be taken care of.

onesimo58 likes this.
  6. onesimo58 Aug 8, 2019

Thanks guys. It sounds like they have a pretty decent warranty. That’s awesome. After hearing the good feed back I’m confident they’ll be able to help me. You guys have eased some of my anxiety.

My watch is in alittle bit of a grey are as far as the 5 year warranty goes. I bought it one month before they implemented the 5 year warranty. I only have a 2 year warranty card.
    I work in the Middle East and am only home a few weeks out of the year. So it’s hard to schedule warranty work. I’ve been putting it off but really need to get it taken care of.

I’ll keep you guys in the loop as to how the service goes and post a few pics when I get it back.

p4ul likes this.