Forums Latest Members
  1. Professor Oct 10, 2018

Just ordered this one, dirt cheap.
    paul peugeot  1.jpg
    Dial needs some TLC.
    The Brand appears to have gone downhill for decades, but I'm hoping this one is from a time period when they still had some class.
    Originally Peugeot used only Gold Alloy cases, but that era is long gone and this one looks more like a generic 60's type, though possibly much earlier.

So far I've found nothing I can use to date this one.

The outside is grundgy but the moment looks to be immaculate, and was run tested by the seller for 15 hours and running a hair fast, which I've come to expect with mechanical watches that have lain unused for a long time. paul peugeot  2.jpg

The markings on the movement are interesting. I hope someone can ID the movement and tell me something about it.

paul peugeot  5.jpg
  2. Professor Oct 18, 2018

Update
    The watch turned out to be far better looking in the flesh than in the images.
    It cleaned up to nearly new looking condition. the discoloration of the dial only shows when a strong LED light is held very close to the crystal, in normal light its not visible at all.

I've managed to adjust it to around + one minute in 24 hours, and I'm sure I can get it to within a few seconds per day. The odd reversed regulator indicators and broad arm with oblique pointer make it a bit harder to adjust more accurately without practice. I'm now using the straight side of the arm to line it up with the markers.

Runs perfectly. I suspect it was restored and lubed in recent years. The crown does not look original. Possibly the stem and crown were replaced. The movement is immaculate.
    If I can find an image of one of this model I'll try to find a matching crown for it. Though as is the crown is very handy for winding and setting.

The deeply curved lugs make this little 33.5MM watch rest perfectly on my small wrist. I'd seen similar deep curved lugs on very old German military watches. Case is nice and thin as well.

Even though a Japanese Singapore manufactured movement cased in Hong Kong in the 60's I figure I got my $17 USD worth. I'll probably wear this one very often.

Hong Kong apparently exported some fairly good quality watches back in the Crown colony days. Much nicer than the modern PRC stuff.