Forums Latest Members

Older Aqua Terra bracelet on a new Aqua Terra?

1. TacmedRN May 17, 2021

Hello all!

I have one of the new 41mm master chronometer Aqua Terra watches, and I would like to add a bracelet. I found a bracelet online in great condition from the last version of the 41.5mm Aqua Terra. Omega customer service is telling me that the only bracelet for my watch is the modern bracelet, but I assume they HAVE to tell me that.

My question is: will the older AT bracelets fit my newer AT?

Thanks!

2. Butik May 18, 2021

I don't think they will fit unless you do some tweaking. 41,5mm of diameter makes some difference on curvature of the endlinks, but most of all you must be careful with positioning of the springbars, which may be different.

3. TacmedRN May 18, 2021

Would the extra .5mm really change the curvature that much? I had a 40mm Hamilton scuba, and when I tried that bracelet on my 42mm speedy, the curvature fit perfectly, the end link was just too high.

I agree the position of the spring bars is probably the most important factor; I couldn’t fit my speedy bracelet on my AT at all because of the spring bar position, and although the curvature of my SMPc bracelet fit the speedy, the spring bar position created too large of a gap between the case and end links.

Luckily I ordered the matching bracelet for my AT yesterday, and the boutique overnighted it free of charge...fits great! Now if only I could mcgyver a micro-adjust clasp to it!

4. savio.79 May 19, 2021

If I’m not wrong, the speedy is 42 because of the crown guards, but probably the circle is 40, that’s why it fits IMHO