Forums Latest Members

Old Watch Identification. Help Required

1. Varasc May 18, 2013

Good afternoon from the rainy Piedmont,

Although I am mostly fascinated by Omega as a brand and manufacture, I am currently trying to identificate four little old watches.
    I have just found them and I only know they belong to my mother's family, probably datable from the last years of 800 and the post-Second World War period. I have been checking the Web and posted several pictures on an Italian forum, but I'd like to submit their pictures to the experts of this excellent forum. Please accept my apologies if I'm quite off-topic or in the wrong sections, as well as for the very poor information I may provide you at present.
    I know they're badly damaged and obviously not coming from a prestigious firm, anyway they're part of the hidden story of my family and I'd be pleased to know more.
    I thought to create a single topic, since I am afraid of being already off topic...!

Do you have any idea, please?

1. Exactus

This is, or I'd have to say "was", the first watch: an Exactus chronograph, whose golden case and bracelet were unfortunately sold, many years ago. I would have not allowed this shame, but it probably happened when I was a child and someone told me that the money was enough to pay a loan payment.

Exactus front small.JPG

Exactus inner small.JPG

2. Lanco

This is the second watch, a Lanco. The inscription of its back cites, in Italian, "Fondo acciaio inossidabile", Inox steel. Therefore I suppose it was an Italian or at least Swiss-Italian firm.

Lanco front small.JPG

Lanco retro small.JPG

3. Augustus

This is a golden-cased Augustus watch, probably bought by my grandfather during or before the WWII. It's not in good conditions and it shows on the back a codenumber, 487906.

Augustus front small.JPG

Augustus retro small.JPG

4. Unknown watch

This is the oldest and most misterious of the four watches. Owned by the mother of my grandmother, who died in 1938, it's probably made of gold and shows three inscriptions on the back. They cite: 18K, with a strange symbol that may remind the "omega" Greek letter, and a code, 10632.
    The firm should be "Lores", if I am correctly reading the dirt and little writing.

Unk small.JPG

Unk retro small.JPG

Thank you indeed for your kind patience and help.

Kind regards,

Marco

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 18, 2013

Looks like a Landeron 48 movement in the Exactus.