Forums Latest Members
  1. Polward Aug 12, 2019

long story short,

First of all, thank you for the membership here.

I was so lucky many years ago to inherit my grandfather's old watch when he last away since then it has been in a drawer stored well for many years where I had forgotten it. in some cleanup last weekend, this old beauty turned up again, and now seen the Day of light again.

maybe someone in here with some knowledge about it.

however, the watch is in reasonable condition with use scratches.

I've been looking for a serial number but can't find it. is there anyone who can help and mayby guide me.

thanks
    mr. polward

Edited Aug 14, 2019
    whyboddau likes this.
  2. gostang9 Aug 12, 2019

It’s found on your movement picture...

56CD00F3-90D0-4BFD-A446-1C09C48D5A29.jpeg

connieseamaster, Polward and DaveK like this.
  3. Davidt Aug 12, 2019

It's a '67 reference Speedmaster likely sold in 1968 as the 2 68 on the clasp means second quarter of 68.

Lovely watch and nice to see it with its bracelet.

Check out Speedmaster101.net

Biezmez likes this.
  4. Dan S Aug 12, 2019

Am I blind, I can't find a movement photo. Did the OP delete it after asking a question about his serial number?

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. KAP Aug 12, 2019

Your not blind. I saw it earlier and it was then deleted after Davidt’s post.

6. ilayd Aug 12, 2019

Yeah, I dont see it either.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 12, 2019

Obviously.

And I'm not providing any help until I get a reasonable explanation as to the edit/delete.

8. gostang9 Aug 12, 2019

How strange, a post asking for help identifying the SN, I took a screen shot, cropped it, shared and then the OP intentionally deletes the original movement pic.

Something isn’t right...

rincondeltiempo and Speedimaster like this.
  9. JwRosenthal Aug 12, 2019

Unless shortly after posting the query, a member of the forum Pm’d the OP offering to buy it and didn’t want the S/N shown. Cat’s out of the bag on that one thanks to @gostang9 and his wicked screen shots.

10. wsfarrell Aug 12, 2019

Another possibility: this forum (among others) has generated a serious paranoia about displaying full serials. 98% of the photos you see of movements, cases, extracts, etc. have the serial (at least partially) blurred out. Maybe OP just bought into the serial paranoia.

11. jeppehh Aug 13, 2019

The cynic in me would say that those pictures don’t look like they were taken by someone who found a Speedmaster in a drawer and don’t know where the serial is. :cautious:

loniscup, rkny18, lando and 7 others like this.
  12. joeshoup Aug 13, 2019

Indeed, funny that he went right to removing the caseback. I would never even have thought of doing that before I got corrupted by reading a few hundred posts on this site... Much less did I know how!

Mossback, kymor, OHS and 1 other person like this.
  13. Esmarch Aug 13, 2019

There's also the very precise (albeit out of focus) shots of the most important parts of the bezel (DO90, tachymetre font). If you had no idea what this is, why would you take pictures of that and know to remove the caseback?

But, I'll give OP the benefit of the doubt. Let's see what he says.

14. Polward Aug 13, 2019

hello and thanks for the help.

I understand very well that it seems strange that the image disappeared.

there is a simple and very stupid reason for that.

I sat in the late evening hours and I got a screenshot with the serial number from gostang9 ( BTW thanx a lot ) I wanted to upload a new and clearer picture of the movement case, but when it was dark I didn't get a good picture. after which I went to bed, it is neither OP nor anyone else who has removed it but me.

now picture has been uploaded again and far better than the previous one

15. trash_gordon Aug 13, 2019

Another question: Is the tritium on the indices washed away or still here? Looks all white.

16. Polward Aug 13, 2019

it is actually an inheritance piece from my grandfather after he passed away and i was Found in a drawer that almost was being thrown away

as i started writing that iam new in this forum then i have looked a lot here on this site for help before i signed up and put my post in, i read in some articles that there could be some difference between where the dots are compared to 90, 70 as well as over E. that's why i made 2 pictures up in focus from.

I know nothing about in watches all my knowledge about the clock I have found out from last week

sorry if my ignorance has cast doubt

however, my plan is to have it fully serviced.

felsby likes this.
  17. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 13, 2019

OK, understand that, but why did you delete the photograph of the movement?

18. Polward Aug 13, 2019

Because i would put up a better one. So if Any of you better could help with information. There is nothing in it

19. Polward Aug 13, 2019

I dont know. It looks White i have done nothing with the Watch since i found it, only removed some dust

20. Polward Aug 13, 2019

Thank you