Old Omega Storefront Chronometre Clock in Wood Case, Heure Exacte, BB120 JS 20 SO CCCR,

For sale is an old Omega Shopfront Clock Chronometre Clock This one is different than most I've seen in that the winding is on the right rather than above the clock. I had it serviced in early 2020 by my watchmaker and it needed the winding pinion changed. I asked OMTOM (member who knows a lot about clocks) what caliber it was, and this was his reply:

"I think your movement is a 20’’’CCCR. The important bit for you (looking for the part) is the 20’’’. As you probably know, there were different quality grades of chronometer – and the CCCR reflects the quality grade.

The reference of the whole item would have been BB120 JS 20 SO CCCR (we can see from the image that it is a Hunter (savonette) movement – hence the ‘SO’). These were high quality movements, many supplied to the Canadian railway – and they are therefore known under the name ‘Canada’.

The movement would probably have been produced in a batch dating about 1906 – with the whole watch dating 1918.

And finally (but only a guess), I think the case will number 5895***."

I did not share case pictures with him as it was with my watchmaker, but he was correct - probably not a surprise, the case number is 5895.... A couple shots from AJTT are also included.

The case itself is in fairly good condition. The top and bottom both have a split in the wood near the edge, but it seems solid and i don't think it's coming apart. Most pictures of these I find online also have an "OMEGA" plate under the button to open the lid. This one is missing the plate, there are two pinholes where brads used to be to hold it in, so I suspect it was there at one point. It comes with an extra winding stem that was with the clock when it came to me. The large Chronometre Omega" plate in the lid of the box is missing the brad to hold it in the lower right hand corner, the other three are there. I think it would be fairly easy to find something similar and install, but i left it as I found it. Movement is running well and keeping good time. Dial shows a very pleasing light patina, even throughout.

Wood case is 5.75 inches by 5 inches by 2 inches.

$1,900 USD shipped via FedEx with ParcelPro worldwide

References are available in the seller reviews section.

Thanks OF!
Edited:

Like 24
The grade CCCR (23-jewels) was railroad approved in Canada circa 1910. I have two BRANDT CCRS (the 19-jewel version) which were sold under the name Louis Brant et freres. The CCR was also railroad approved in Canada.

P2248436.jpeg P2248437.jpeg

Like 7