Forums Latest Members
  1. ryedial Dec 24, 2016

View attachment 322336 I have attempted to find an honest value for this item and have not found consensus. The watch itself has only been opened opened once while in my possesion and that at the NY Omega office in 1971. I got the clock in 1971 while traveling in Warsaw, Poland.
    The clock works, it seems, just fine. Could maybe use a cleaning. Any suggestions as to value and ideal venue is greatly appreciated. I live near Portsmouth, NH and could easily get to Boston, MA or Portland, ME

2. cristos71 Dec 24, 2016

Those links aren't working, can you post a photo?

3. ryedial Dec 24, 2016

2016-12-21 09-10-36 -0500 (1).jpg
    I have tried for the last hour but Apple Photo is a PIA. I can send a photo to anyone interested

Vitezi likes this.
  4. cristos71 Dec 24, 2016

Well it is a desk clock chronometre from probably the early 1920's. I don't know much about these, there are others who do who can probably give you more details although having said that if you Google "Omega Heure L'exacte" you will probably find everything you need to know.

Value is always tricky, you say it needs a service and the metalwork looks to have been aggressively cleaned in the past as the black lettering is very heavily worn. The market for these I would imagine to be quite thin so condition will be paramount for any potential buyer and as I see these listed and sticking around for a long time around the $2-2.5k mark I can imagine yours selling as is for perhaps half of that.

Mark020 likes this.
  5. ryedial Dec 24, 2016

Thank you Cristos for your prompt reply and cogent remarks. I have Googled and discovered a few sales in the range you have stated. My next question is how much, if any, 'restoration' or not is appropriate. Are there any recommended Omega technicians between Boston and Portland, Maine that I could confidently bring this to for inspection and a look see? Thanks in advance to all might respond.