Forums Latest Members

Old Omega pocket watch identification and restoration

1. Najki Sep 22, 2019

Hello.

Some time ago my mother gave me an Omega pocket watch which belong to my great grandfather. The story was that he used to put it near my grandmother to make her fall asleep when she was a little child. That's for the background story and sentimental value of it.

Unfortunately my mother had it put back for a very long time and haven’t cared for it enough. It stopped for good.

I’m thinking about restoring it but there’s a lot to do. At some point it had the dial replaced (possibly crown too) using some third party replacement parts. So at the very beginning, I need to figure out which model it is and hopefully find original parts for it, if that’s even possible.

Here’s what I know from some analysis on a local watch enthusiasts forum in Poland:

- The production date seems to be somewhere between 1894 and 1904 based on the movement and logos found on that website
    - Gold case 0.585

I have no intention of selling this watch. I just want to bring back the glory to an old family item. Any help appreciated.

Here are the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/SEkLn

Edited Sep 23, 2019
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 22, 2019

You'll get a better response if you post the photos on the form rather in a link.

3. Najki Sep 23, 2019

Hmm okay, why not. I hope this makes a difference. IMG_9409.jpg IMG_9410.jpg IMG_9415.jpg IMG_9419.jpg IMG_9420.jpg IMG_9424.jpg IMG_9426.jpg IMG_9427.jpg IMG_9430.jpg IMG_9434.jpg

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Sep 23, 2019

That is a very, very beautiful pocket watch :)

There are signs of it needing a fair amount of attention as there are some indications of water damage, but hopefully you will be able to find a competent watch maker to revive it. I am sorry that I cannot point to any Polish watch makers for recommendations, perhaps other OF'ers can be of service?

5. peterkirk01 Sep 23, 2019

Strange that the movement is not stamped Omega.

6. ConElPueblo Sep 23, 2019

Omegas of this age often have markings on the dial side of the movement. And if you look closely, you can see a small Omega logo on the balance cock :)