Forums Latest Members
  1. Boscodad Oct 20, 2013

Here are pics of late father-in-law's watch. I have not tried to open it for fear of damaging it. It seems to be manual wind, I have wound it every day for a week (at the same time every day) and it is only 1 minute off from cell phone clock. I have looked at lots of pics but have not seen anything exactly the same in appearance. It does not have the "Swiss Made" annotation I see on most pics. i have not had it tested to prove up the 18K noted on the case back, but will take it to a local (trusted) jeweler next week unless the forum weighs in that it is not worth spending time on. clearly the crown has been replaced, but do I have a jewel in the rough here? Thanks in advance. I should note that he spent most of WW2 in French West Africa (Gold Coast). Maybe that explains the French on the face, what does it mean?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 20, 2013

Your pictures are sufficient. The watch is unfortunately a fake counterfeit. Not a real Omega watch. Normally we advise people to discard them, however I recognize that this may have great sentimental value, so it may be kept in remembrance.
    If you look through this thread you will see others like it.
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/dont-fall-for-a-fake-vintage-omega.6235/

3. Boscodad Oct 20, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. It didn't seem genuine.