Forums Latest Members
  1. Matt-C Feb 18, 2013

The title says it all really. I just can't seem to get my SMP to fit just right. Half link out and it's too loose, half link back in and its too tight, tried two half links in place of one and it's pretty much the same. Partly down to the climate I'm sure, it's fairly cool in England at the minute.

The Isofrane option is starting to speak volumes! Rubber for the winter, bracelet for the summer months.

Anyone else ever had to resort to this option (felt pad to protect a wooden floor). It's quite comfortable, better than the chair with the wobbly leg I'm now sat on.

I assume the self adhesive won't have a detrimental effect on the case back?

photo.JPG

Cheers

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2013

The foam pad option is used by quite a few people on various watches, I wouldn't worry about it causing any harm. Isofrane though is excellent, seriously need to try one, the way the strap fits, you don't actually need it tight, its the sides of it gripping horizontally that hold the watch, not the tightness overall, so you can have two fingers of room at the clasp and it still sits firmly

3. Matt-C Feb 18, 2013

Thanks Ash.

Agreed the Isofrane seems the way to go, I've read quite a few reviews now yours included and it looks excellent.

4. ulackfocus Feb 18, 2013

That's a big part of why I sold my first Aqua Terra. Stupid freakin' half links! :mad:

5. Matt-C Feb 19, 2013

Tell me about it! I can see the rationale of not having micro adjustments on the clasp, (I assume for security in dive environments) but it does make getting the 'perfect fit' difficult and for some like me impossible I guess. :(

6. pascs Feb 19, 2013

I assume its a compromise of having the thick bracelet and structure of the clasp. I have micro adjustments on the clasp of my Speedmaster and dive watches like Seiko Monster without any issues.

It is a pity Omega couldnt have at least one extra adjustment on the clasp as they do on the Speedmaster to give that extra few mm of adjustment for a perfect fit.

As for the Isofrane, I notice that the Isofrane strap has more and closer adjustments on the strap than the Omega equivalent