Forums Latest Members

OHPF: VINTAGE Omega Genève – 18k Gold

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 24, 2017

Ok boys and girls, no rest for the weary!

Next up is a hard-to-find early Genève in an 18k yellow gold case. This is a ref. 2754, dating to 1956, and measuring 34mm excluding the crown. It is, to my knowledge, all original. As many readers will know, these early (i.e. 1950s) Genève models were, with the exception of the very low-production chronometers, at the top of Omega's manual-wind model line. They typically featured chamfered lugs, and high-quality dials with gold markers and hands.

This example is in very good condition overall. The case has been polished, and while the chamfers can still be seen, they are not as clear and pronounced as they would have appeared otherwise. There are a few very light scratches and tiny dings showing under magnification, and a couple of thin, though slightly deeper ones on the case back which can be seen in a photo below. The gold hallmarks are still deep, and clearly visible.

The dial remains in good condition, though there is some fine blistering which is spread fairly evenly throughout. The gold dauphine hands and shark's teeth markers are in excellent condition. The cal. 266 movement, which dates to around 1956, is also in excellent condition. It is working correctly, but has not been timed, and, as I do not know the last date of service, I would recommend one for regular use.

These aren't seen often on the market, and when they do, they typically hover around $2000. For this example I ask only $1300, and will include tracked shipping from Lisbon. EMS add $50; FedEx add $100.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kreindog24, ChrisN, nlogax and 11 others like this.
  2. Jonatan Jul 24, 2017

Another beautiful watch from an amazing collector! Good luck with the sale Tony!

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 26, 2017

One bump, then it's offer to other venues!