Forums Latest Members
  1. BadAndy Nov 10, 2015

Today when I looked down at my watch, I noticed it wasn't running. I have been wearing this watch 6 days a week or so for the last several months. I haven't had any "thuds" or "bangs" and it is mostly a desk diver. Gave my wrist a shake or two, and it didn't start up. Manually wound the watch, and it started up.

Took the NATO band off to see the beautiful movement through the clear back. Noticed the counter weight was not moving, then started to move but making a "Scratching" noise like it is binding on something. Also when moving the watch slowly I now hear a rattling sound from inside the watch. Have never heard that before.

Since it was bought new from an AD in July, it is obviously going to go back in for service under warranty.

Here is my question: Should I take it back to the AD that I bought it from, or should I take it to the Omega Boutique. I actually live closer to the Boutique than to the dealer, but just fractionally. I am leaning toward going to the boutique.

What could of caused the sudden problem? Or are there too many variables to identify this without seeing the watch. Will I get a full report back from Omega? Should I send just the watch, or should I send it with the bracelet, as maybe they might do a light polish to get the desk diving swirls out of the PCL? I would think they would only fix the problem and not polish it back to like new. (I don't want them to polish the watch case itself, although there are no scratches on it).

2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Nov 10, 2015

I would take it to the boutique. Tell them NOT to polish the case, just repair whatever issues they find with the movement. Agree with the light polish of the bracelet to remove desk diving marks.

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 10, 2015

I think the m300 Mc are only supposed to last until the movie came out....

I would send it to the boutique the the Bracelet, hopefully they will take care of those minor scratches.

Don't worry too much about it. these are mechanical watches, shit happens.

PatrickJ and OmegaRookie like this.
  4. BadAndy Nov 10, 2015

Thank you. I am not too worried about it, I know stuff happens, just happens to be the first time a watch of mine failed under warranty. It is also my first Omega. I still love the watch, just my other watches will get a little more wrist time now.

Ant398 likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 10, 2015

I'd take it to the boutique with the warranty card and you'll be taken care of, its a very rare occurrence to have one of these new ones fail like that under warranty. People sometimes complain about the fact that boutiques don't discount but their attention to detail in after sales service is really night and day compared to the average AD.

PatrickJ likes this.
  6. OmegaRookie Nov 10, 2015

You have to take the warranty card with you or they'll want to charge you. I would take it to the place you bought it. If there are shipping charges, they shouldn't charge you for them if you bought it there. My SM 300 did the same thing but I'm very hard on mine. It was fixed under warranty in a bit over a month. They said some set screw came loose. The report was a one liner only but they did send a print out with the time specs on it though.
    I'm sure they will treat you right!

7. jcmartinez98 Nov 10, 2015

agree with @dsio
    take it to the boutique with warranty card. it will all be taken care of.
    take lots of high res, well-lit, close up and IN FOCUS photos from all angles to document its appearance and condition before you drop it off.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 10, 2015

Likely a screw loose (in the watch, not one of yours) so it should be a simple fix if the screw has not done a lot of damage. The scratching noise you mention may mean that it has done damage, and if so it will likely get a full service and some parts replaced.

You might get faster service through the boutique.

Cheers, Al

lando, OmegaRookie and BadAndy like this.
  9. joedel87 Nov 10, 2015

I had a similar issue occur except the Boutique wouldn't take it back even though it was under warranty. They told me to take it back to the AD. They sent it out and omega repaired it, the whole process took about 6 weeks.

10. shutterlife Nov 10, 2015

Definitely go to the boutique. They will take care of you. Take plenty of pictures before dropping it off.

11. BadAndy Nov 11, 2015

Dropped it off at the Boutique last night. They weren't the most friendly about it, accusing me of dropping it or whacking it on something, but said they would send it in for potential warranty. They made me feel almost like it was my fault.

12. jud Nov 11, 2015

That has to be frustrating.

13. Baco Noir Nov 12, 2015

That blows. You'd probably have received better service from the AD you spent the money with since there is a relationship there.

14. T WIN Nov 12, 2015

That's really unfortunate. I hope they treat you better when you pick up!

15. trama Nov 13, 2015

Well, you did say you dropped it off.... ;)

Meme-Dweller likes this.
  16. ConElPueblo Nov 13, 2015

That's very unprofessional behaviour. If you follow up on that, no doubt the staff in question would get reprimanded... There will be no other outcome of this case than it'll get fixed on warranty, so don't worry about that :)

17. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 13, 2015

bummer ... nothin like compensating a trusted customer who received a faulty product with "attitude" :mad:

*shakesfist*

Hit them where it hurts them most by asking if its Omega policy to insinuate that their clients are liars ... whenever i run into this kind of problems, I like to drive the whole "corporate" angle of arguments ... I use the word policies and guidlines, escalate my claim, a lot ... always with a smile on my face ... also, asking them about their names normally gives them the willies

works like a charm ... they might hate your guts, but they will comply with a smile

Al

18. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 13, 2015

you are just trying to be helpful here, right ? ... :D

19. jcmartinez98 Nov 13, 2015

OR establish a rapport with your local omega boutique, come in every 2-3 months and browse- which is fun anyway!
    be nice to them. then when you come in with a problem, they know you and like you and want to help. even if you purchased it from an AD.
    that's worked for me, anyway...

when i showed my 'newly bidirectional bezel' to a boutique guy in chicago (i was just at a conference there), he did the same kind of thing- 'that doesn't happen without someone trying to turn it too hard or dropping it.' crap like that. whereas my home boutique team jumped to help.

20. BadAndy Nov 15, 2015

I was in the boutique a few weeks before and bought my Omega NATO strap there. I guess different people on different days.... But again, I don't expect them to remember someone who came in and bought a strap. We will see how it all turns out, and if they will get any more repeat business from me.