Forums Latest Members

Of what car do you have the fondest memories?

1. verithingeoff Mar 26, 2020

My partner had the cartoon made for a Christmas present, shows my three passions, My MX%, My Verithin guitar and my love of cooking in a wok. The star at the end of the rainbow contains a very special message.
    Here's the original
    Cariacture Preview.JPG

Wetworks, ZIELSZIEK, MTROIS and 7 others like this.
  2. ZIELSZIEK Mar 30, 2020

I'm glad this thread got everybody down memory lane for a nice trip. You people in the US are so lucky, displacement tax where I live is through the roof at the moment. 1500 euro just in tax for owning anything with a displacement greater than 4000 cubic centimeters.(244 cubic inch for our US friends). Only cars 30+ years are exempt from this tax.
    Some of you have some incredible memories that I got to "taste" through cinematography, I can only Imagine what it was like to pull in at the local drive in with one of your gas guzzlers.
    I also loved the contrast between European and American cars. Luckily, I got to experience a few cars in my not so long lifetime. I've driven my fair share of German cars. The only experiences I've had with American cars have been with a 1980's Lebaron that my dad's uncle owned , a second gen Firebird and a fastback Mustang(1965) that I actually got to drive. I loved every bit of it.

noelekal and Wetworks like this.
  3. yvrclimber Mar 30, 2020

Wow, that brings back memories. My first car was a red 1968 Austin Healey Sprite. By that era, the Sprites were pretty much a mirror image of the MG Midget. So many fun memories with that little car.

noelekal and Yellowjacket like this.
  4. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Mar 30, 2020

My ‘grin when you are in’ toy, first day out this year.

8F3C262C-FAA8-475D-9C24-04F92ACAE680.jpeg

5. loniscup Mar 30, 2020

Great car!! Is this a 3.0?

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 30, 2020

Lotus was surprisingly good in icy conditions,

First Lotus.jpeg

This Merc. gave the biggest surprise, arrived at the Hertz desk in Geneva a long time ago ( see the hairstyle :)) to find that our reserved car was not available and then one of these magic moments when the girl behind the desk went through all the options with nothing available and we ended up with the auto Merc. at base price.
    Loved it despite my misgivings of the auto and not a problem on any roads.

File0757.jpeg

7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 30, 2020

Thanks, yes, a 3.0 Verde. Sold it only because I moved to Europe.

loniscup likes this.