Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2013

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-OMEGA-...898461891?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item35c29eecc3Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Can't quite tell what's going on with this one, the movements obviously got some replaced parts as evident from the yellow rotor, the crown looks odd as do a few other elements but its priced rather aggressively... I think I need to do a lot more reading up on these earlier SM300s :\

2. Littleroger Jan 6, 2013

Not sure. I'm sure there are people with more expertise than me, but this one looks pretty good to me. The crown may be a replacement and there has apparently been some work on the movement. Can the bezel be original? Flame probably knows more. Otherwise it all seems to be what it says it is IMO.

3. flame Speedmaster Neil Jan 6, 2013

Hi Roger

Interesting find....I've seen the bezel's painted in like this before....just a couple of coats using some model paint , rather than sending it off for an Aldo recreation.

I like the dial & handset , movement looks reasonable condition (serial is a little high ? - production was '64 - '66) and so does the case. Caseback has been worn & polished and has lost it's profile.....which giving the condition of the case is a little surprising....crown is incorrect and of course BCT is a replacement item.

Needs some work....

Best - Neil

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2013

What does Aldo charge for his work? Always been curious... I mean based on what you've just said the fundamentals sound quite good for a sympathetic restoration into a good watch.