Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Dedlock Oct 5, 2020

yes it does.

SwissZ likes this.
  2. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

Has been mentioned several times. I have the CK 2998 Blue Panda, and on the same blue Omega nylon strap with Omega deployant, looks too much like this new Snoopy to want to buy one. I was not in the market for this watch anyway, not remotely enticed now. It looks like it hits the spot with many guys, good for them. Omega pandas are always interesting to have in a collection, this will give them a chance to add one.

3. nismo Oct 5, 2020

Speaking for myself here...I passed on buying the A11 50th watch from my OB and am going for the A13 Snoopy 50th watch with the same OB. I do like the bracelet on the A11 50th, but that's where it ends. I can't stand two-tone watches at all...and especially in that shade of "moonshine" gold they have. The sub dial logo was also imo not the best image they could have used for the landing. Overall I find that watch to be unattractive.

The Snoopy (45th and 50th) imo have great contrasting color dials and I like the straps on both A LOT. They look really nice and make the watch look more utilitarian than they would with a steel bracelet. It would have been nice if it came with the fabric strap and bracelet, but the strap still looks good imo.

The Snoopy subdial on the 50th I think is appropriate for what it represents. The 45th Snoopy subdial was more out of place as it wasn't a copy of the award itself like on the 50th. I like how the dial on the 50th is silver...the subdial Snoopy is embossed silver as well although it looks like painted white in pictures. Will look more silver-like in person imo.

pdxleaf likes this.
  4. stevec14 Oct 5, 2020

Which is fine - but objectively, the watch is overpriced all things being equal....or they should have priced the A11 higher. TT watches are usually more expensive to purchase than SS

YY77 likes this.
  5. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

So you think it’s okay for VIPs to take priority over actual paying customers even if they did not pay deposit before release?Because other brands do it? Omg lol. Stockholm syndrome anyone?

6. schoolboy Oct 5, 2020

Nah I was just messing around haha

I’m not a VIP

just that when you came into the thread saying how you’re important with other brands...

kinda weird haha

7. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

Like I said before. I don’t care about LE nor LP editions. I just want a good unique watch. I’m not a flipper. But don’t tell me I took a chance when others didn’t here and I get seconds. While I may have good connect other places; I wouldn’t expect that bs from Omega. Hence, first come first serve. If omega goes the route like other brands giving non paying vips priority; they’ll just be a another bs company. This mean I have more respect about omega than even other fake big companies like Rolex. But some got in their feelings lol.

All I’m saying is, I hope Omega does the right thing. Sure, rate in these recent times....

There were 60 pages here about LE vs LP. I still placed deposit.

schoolboy likes this.
  8. nismo Oct 5, 2020

Depends how we define "overpriced." I'm assuming you mean the A13 50th relative to the A11 50th in isolation and that's it. They weren't released at the same time of course, the A11 in Q2 2019 and A13 Q3 2020. At least in the US, the government has increased the money supply over that time period by 20% (monetary inflation)! Monetary inflation tracks with asset price inflation (Wilshire 5000 total stock market index) almost 1 to 1 for decades now (doesn't track CPI which is different). So if you consider these watches as assets, the A11 50th is really $12k in today's dollars when monetary-inflation adjusted. The money has to go somewhere and people aren't buying up t-shirts and groceries that fast...they're buying up assets (stocks, bonds, real estate, collectibles, art, wine, etc). They keep printing money quickly, which is why the price of everything asset related is going up so quickly while CPI doesn't budge much.

Btw the S&P 500 still hasn't hit it's all-time high back in Feb when you do the same monetary-inflation adjustment from all the trillions in printing since then. It goes up as the dollar becomes worth less (worthless).

E-wotch likes this.
  9. stevec14 Oct 5, 2020

I really couldn’t care less about the stock market. Just the facts.

but thanks for the lesson :thumbsup:

10. stevec14 Oct 5, 2020

And I don’t consider a watch as an asset...

GT3 likes this.
  11. nismo Oct 5, 2020

You can't compare the price of two different items at two different times (over a year apart) when a lot has happened to the underlying currencies. That's my point.

E-wotch likes this.
  12. Walrus Oct 5, 2020

schoolboy and GT3 like this.
  13. stevec14 Oct 5, 2020

It’s not all to do with currency. They are hugely different in GBP.

the Apollo was roughly £7.35, this is £8.2.

do the maths.

Edited Oct 6, 2020
  14. nismo Oct 5, 2020

Makes sense to me. UK economy falling apart more since the A11 50 release with weakening GBP and more printing too. Why shouldn't prices of imports go up?

15. WYGDAI Oct 5, 2020

Yup, you are right, very, very similar. And that was half the price too. Hmmm

16. stevec14 Oct 5, 2020

Yet usd gbg has largely (2/3%) remained the same for nearly a year.....

That’s before you factor in no bracelet.

YY77 and Walrus like this.
  17. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

You are saying that you like your pull/VIP status at all these other brands, but then detest it if Omega tries it just because you're not a VIP there? Don't hate the player, hate the game.

rohnin and schoolboy like this.
  18. TokenMao Oct 5, 2020

This has to be one of the most entertaining threads on OF... we got everything from arguing over deposits to arguing over walmart brands to arguing over currencies and monetary inflation.

19. texasmade Oct 5, 2020

You'll need to buy this strap to fit it along with the 18mm deployant buckle
    Strap#: CWZ005345

richiv and calcheng like this.
  20. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

Did you put deposit? If not, shut up lol. I won’t waste time teaching you common sense lol