Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. LeonDeBayonne Oct 5, 2020

I do. Sapphire will never have the charm of plastic when it comes to watch glasses, whatever the price. But I don’t mind sapphire, it gives me a good excuse not to buy this watch and the ones that will come next.

2. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

Yeah. I don’t see Omega or any manufacturer making unlimited numbers of such watch; with those cool complication features....

3. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

I’m just happy it came out like this.

JetLinks and Martin_J_N like this.
  4. Caliber561 Oct 5, 2020

Is this the only watch being produced for the 50th anniversary? Some members here had mentioned there potentially being a gold watch – not sure if that was based on credible information, or speculation because of the anniversary being golden.

5. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

That was just speculation, and even caveated as such by the OBs that brought it up. Don't think it's happening.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  6. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

I was 7th in my OB placing deposit. Very excited to get this one. Missed out on the previous. And I do think this one is better :D....

7. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult to get a watch. Are the wait times likely be on a steady rolling basis? For example, right now with a deposit down i'm looking at 6 months+. If someone came in 6 months later and wanted to buy, would they likely need to wait the same 6 months or would the wait likely be much shorter by that point?

8. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

I hope that I can pick up a Snoopy 50th watch in 9 months or so, if that happens that would be great, if I can't get one then so be it, there's plenty of other watches out there.

9. pianomankd Oct 5, 2020

In a matter of one sentence, you cancelled out your own self. Remarkable.

Japanred, wolfe44 and E-wotch like this.
  10. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

I don’t know. Aside from the great asthmatics, I’m blown away by the rotating earth disk and moving rocket ship feature in this mechanical movement lol.

I have a couple of Rolex, AP, Patek, etc, this omega is nice....

11. pdxleaf ... Oct 5, 2020

OBs say 5000 in first year. If 1000 boutiques (don't know how many there are) each get 5 watches, the first 5 people get one. Could be awhile before they get to number 40 on the list. But in a few years how many people will be distracted by another watch? We watch folks are easily distracted by shiny objects. Still, could be a few years by the numbers. I would like to hear from others with experience from prior releases.

12. Caliber561 Oct 5, 2020

Well, guess that's more money for my wallet then. Can't say I'm complaining. :rolleyes:

As to the limited/non-limited nature of this watch, I don't think people are necessarily going to have an "easy" time getting this watch. Quantity allocations per country were already set before the announcement, and although Omega has set a variable range for the production run, US OBs seem to say that the upper limits are set around 7,000 pieces. That's not a lot of watches for the entire world, as evidenced by the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary.

That and given the insane appreciation of the 45th anniversary watch, speculators will probably still end up picking up a Snoopy or two should history repeat itself, so I wouldn't say us collectors are out of the woods yet.

13. Morseman Oct 5, 2020

That's my understanding at this point.

hb8745 likes this.
  14. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

They better keep deliveries based on first come (deposit placed), first serve :mad:

15. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Obviously VIPs first, but then its a black box on how they weight list placement vs spending history.

16. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

Maybe. But obviously, if new relationship, and they call me first, and I put money down first, I better get first....

Omega it’s typically a joke watches wise. But they have rare ones like this ;)

17. taz101 Oct 5, 2020

But if its no LE shouldnt you simply be able to walk into an OB and order one? If not they're playing 'Rolex games'?

Japanred and E-wotch like this.
  18. pdxleaf ... Oct 5, 2020

I get it. If you were first in line you should get one before someone else.

Regardless of any backdoor shenanigans, I hope you take some comfort in Omega pointing out that this is not limited. It seems to me that they are sympathetic to their base and want to deliver to everyone who wants one. That still might be a very long time. But the day before Christmas is often better than the day after Christmas.

Sending you positive vibes.

19. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

Indeed, if you put money down they should be given out in order of deposits. No BS about VIPs jumping the line, that just turns me off.

SwissZ and GT3 like this.
  20. GT3 Oct 5, 2020

I have big pull with Rolex, Patek, AP... Omega; I wait for something rare like this. They better act right lol. Otherwise omega will remain a Walmart brand. You know what I mean lol