Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Brooswain Oct 3, 2020

New here and first post, but have enjoyed catching up on the speculation in here!

As a watch guy, when the No Time To Die delay was announced this week, I immediately started thinking of the implications for Omega. Might give them an opportunity to push some of the Bond marketing out a few months, and focus more heavily on promoting the A13 celebration.

E-wotch likes this.
  2. Evitzee Oct 3, 2020

Even when the announcement will be made is speculation. Afternoon where? Switzerland, US, Far East? The Apollo 11 was unveiled early in the morning Switzerland time which corresponded to late evening in the US. I suspect that will be the schedule this time. But maybe there is some big event in Bienne where it will be revealed in the afternoon. No one knows at this point.

3. Walw2097 Oct 3, 2020

This is all just my speculation and guessing for fun
    1. It'll be limited edition not limited production. The snoopy omegas have always been and for the longevity of a brand like Omega, they wouldn't resort to a cash grab and deteriorate the exclusivity of a snoopy.
    2. The limited numbers should probably be 5-7k. The 45th only had 1970, but since many of us were still able to get deposits in up to last week, should have more than just 2k. The original silver snoopy I think had 7ksomething. 33rd edition was in 5k releases range.
    3. Possible they'd do a sapphire crystal just because the apollo 11 has it and it looks great and it does slightly derive from history and tradition, but this sets precedence.
    4. Someone else here wished for a FOIS version, but I don't think they'll derive history.
    5. Oct 5th will be the announcement, but the watch won't be available until next year. One because the OB told me, but from the other messaging here it makes sense to let the bond watch run its course first.
    6. All the OB managers and SAs are just speculating as well!
    7. We may or may not see the announcement on the 4th in the US, because it depends on when during the day they announce in Switzerland.

Again, these are just my guesses and please feel free to disagree with your thoughts. I'm just speculating to pass the time.

Edited Oct 3, 2020
    E-wotch and phooi like this.
  4. nismo Oct 3, 2020

I'll be in touch with my local OB on Monday and hopefully I can get one of these.

5. EricCsN Oct 3, 2020

6. Newatch321 Oct 3, 2020

Can't wait for the release.

7. WYGDAI Oct 3, 2020

Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense, and hopefully, that wouldn't be the case. I have contacted two different OBs in the past few months regularly, and the responses have been all over the place. Anyway, it's just a wait until tomorrow now for us...

phooi likes this.
  8. Rglaz Oct 3, 2020

I think without an international watch show , All the Watch brands need some suspense / anticipation to draw interest to their collection. Omega is doing this through LE/ Limited productions AND strategic LEAKS !.

9. midimanwatch Oct 4, 2020

10. bbp Oct 4, 2020

I wish omega to update the LP Apollo 8 as “no longer available” and it will certainly drives my already high desire even higher for this new LP.

11. midimanwatch Oct 4, 2020

Phooi, I felt the same when I first saw the Snoopy. I thought how childish and silly it looked with a Snoopy character on the front, but that was probably due to the fact that I was only in the market for one Omega watch and I didn't want one that looked like something decicated to a comic mag character.

But imagine how different Collectors of Snoopy and Cartoon memorabilia feel about the watch

Buyers must have purchased it for their own reasons and most of them probably had no idea that it would appreciate that much in a short Space of time. No Pun Intended There :)

My fear is is that most people are going to look to purchase the new model on the basis that they are going to make a quick buck, and the after markets get flooded with all these new Snoopys.

phooi and Pun like this.
  12. midimanwatch Oct 4, 2020

Wow!!

It would have to be SS for me lol.

13. phooi Oct 4, 2020

So where in the world will they launch the watch first? I’m thinking it will be on 10/5 US time since it’s related to the Apollo 13th mission.

14. Martin_J_N Oct 4, 2020

Yep, I have that very same feeling, too many flippers ready to pounce if Omega announce 1970 pieces for a Snoopy 50th. My hope is that Omega make a minimum of 7000 pieces or make it unlimited and available for the foreseeable.

15. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Oct 4, 2020

Very much liked the comment that in 24 hours all the guesswork b*llsh*t will end... while other b*llsh*t might start ::facepalm2::

Martin_J_N, pw92676 and Omegafanman like this.
  16. Omegafanman Oct 4, 2020

Maybe as a Snoopy tribute it will only cost PEANUTS...… This is nice for the money.....

e92c0c47032d478093ab93dfeef0a7bf.jpg 41a5858bf4f8401b98be7dc3cd7d52b4.jpg 9235b005f154469388626b8d7c537a4b.jpg
    gippo, LeonDeBayonne and Martin_J_N like this.
  17. EricCsN Oct 4, 2020

or this nicer on money
    [​IMG]

Omegafanman and Martin_J_N like this.
  18. Martin_J_N Oct 4, 2020

Yes, this will do nicely, I hope Omega have taken note :)

EricCsN likes this.
  19. LeonDeBayonne Oct 4, 2020

I like the strap :thumbsup:

20. Capt Cave Man Oct 4, 2020

Hello @Evitzee, I'm based in the UK.

The AD emailed me and stated the announcement will be in the afternoon, I'm guessing this is when ADs will be informed and suspect the main announcement and OBs will come first...

E-wotch likes this.