Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Japanred Sep 29, 2020

:D guess it was just me then :D :D :D

speedydownunder and YY77 like this.
  2. midimanwatch Sep 29, 2020

Yes, this is being kept under wraps more than most X-37B missions.

3. spinnaker11 Sep 29, 2020

Yep, would love to see something like this next week!

Bp1000 likes this.
  4. E-wotch Sep 29, 2020

Another fun fact:

"Snoopy was one of Schulz’s earliest Peanuts characters, appearing for the first time on October 4, 1950, two days after the comic strip’s debut."

Japanred and redzer007 like this.
  5. Swup Sep 29, 2020

Price and exclusivity.
    If I expect the price to drop within the first year or two I'm out.
    I'm not buying to flip, neither am I buying to lose 5.000$.

Hoping for a price at 10.000$ and around 7.000 produced units.

And then of course a good design :)

hb8745 and spinnaker11 like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 29, 2020

Soooo what would deem a attribute that would make you expect the price to drop within the first year.
    No easy predicting what a watch will do in a year.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  7. DanishDynamiteUS Sep 29, 2020

I've also heard unconfirmed rumors that the Speedmaster was actually the first watch worn on the moon, can anyone confirm??

At first I thought your post was a joke, but then I was left speechless when I realized it wasn't haha.. :D

E-wotch and Japanred like this.
  8. Martin_J_N Sep 29, 2020

There seems to be an increase in the number of posters looking for 'value' from the watch. I sense that there are a number of people who are hoping for a repeat of the last Snoopy and what has happened to values.

Sorry to be a heartbreaker but Omega are going to produce a lot of these watches, 7000 pieces is the minimum that has been touted, I think that the watch is going to be unlimited, but numbered, similar to the FOIS or latest JB Seamaster. There is no way that this watch is going to be launched in a small quantity, there will be plenty to go around, and the watch will be available to buy for a long time.

This is a big anniversary for Omega and they are going to milk it for every cent that they can get, so a launch of less than 2000 pieces isn't going to happen unless it is made of Platinum, and priced accordingly.

pw92676 and kilofinal like this.
  9. hb8745 Sep 29, 2020

I don't think many of us here are realistically expecting supply constraints to drive values to the levels seen in the 45th. For those of us that are planning on keeping the watch, the more prevalent concern is value retention rather than appreciation. If there's no production limit, should I buy one now at full retail or wait a year or 2 and potentially pick one up at a significant discount?

10. YY77 Sep 29, 2020

Quite remarkable is also the wishes and requests they have about the watch. Omega has already made up their mind, nothing can change that on OF.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  11. hb8745 Sep 29, 2020

Design has been surely finalized. I can see pricing and production #'s being dynamic up until recently.

12. hb8745 Sep 29, 2020

For anyone that's made a deposit at an OB or gotten on a wait list recently, how long is that list currently?

13. YY77 Sep 29, 2020

Well if they set a price of $15k they aren't going to drop it to $10k just because we think that would be to high (the 321 for example is too high for a SS but they have fixed that price upfront). If they go for LE then casebacks would have XXXX/7070 so production wouldn't be changed to make it limited production.

14. Japanred Sep 29, 2020

:D I have no defence. I guess you don’t know what you don’t know :D

YY77 and Martin_J_N like this.
  15. Martin_J_N Sep 29, 2020

Very true, as they say there’s no such thing as a stupid question because if you don’t know it isn’t stupid to ask.

Japanred and YY77 like this.
  16. Evitzee Sep 29, 2020

This is a pretty big event, not as big as last year's moon landing golden anniversary, but one of the last big space celebrations for awhile. Omega does not want a repeat of the 45th Snoopy where too few watches were produced at too low a price. So price of around $10k and plenty to go around, we will never know how many were made when production eventually ends. Everyone who wants this watch will be able to get one.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  17. Swup Sep 29, 2020

How on earth can you be so poor at reading, and yet to good at writing :whipped::D
    As said earlier... Why buy now when you can get it cheaper in a year or two. I have no need to be the first owned, just an owned :cool:

And I know it cant be predicted, but if they ex. say 15.000 units, then I'll just wait some time.

Japanred likes this.
  18. DanishDynamiteUS Sep 29, 2020

Haha all good, plus points for the excitement!

Let's all hope for a looker of a watch. Seems hype is high, hope they deliver.

Japanred likes this.
  19. YY77 Sep 29, 2020

Was that price really too low in 2015, it still had the 1861 and only silver as PM.

E-wotch likes this.
  20. Martin_J_N Sep 29, 2020

Surely this is about having a celebration watch isn’t it? If watches were bought on the basis of value retention most brands wouldn’t sell a watch. In fact if you bought a plain Speedy today and sold it tomorrow you would lose money, and you wouldn’t retain the bought price for many years.

I was just making an observation, more and more people are focusing on value, in fact I would go as far as to say that there may be people desperate to get a watch and flip it for a big profit.

And yes I can read thank you.

Jimbo555 likes this.