Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Ian_km Sep 25, 2020

I got an email from my OB asking if I was still interested and would like to remain on the waiting list, surprised actually considering I turned down the 50th, fair play.

I’m in the UK so no deposit, on the list but will wait to see what is announced, if gold I’ll probably pass again and go vintage.

Japanred and E-wotch like this.
  2. Martin_J_N Sep 25, 2020

This thread I started has gone all over the place, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Although I will not be getting this watch, house move beckons so spare funds for watch acquisition now non existent, I do hope that everyone gets what they want from this release, however I fear that the speculators are going to be the ones who miss out, I see no reason for Omega to limit this watch, there is a huge amount of interest which makes me believe that it will be an unlimited release but maybe a numbered edition similar to FOIS.

I do not understand this deposit issue, whereby people have to part with a large sum of money well in advance to secure a place on a list, this is not something that Omega requests otherwise it would be a worldwide requirement, and certainly not something we do in the UK. I will be interested to see how this pans out for those that have placed a deposit and whether they get a watch.

What will the watch feature? Well, only Omega and possibly the Speedy Tuesday guys know at this moment but it is sure to be special, liked by many but disliked by some.

The only certain thing is that all will be revealed on Oct 5th.

3. Evitzee Sep 25, 2020

A new thread will be started on October 5th with everybody wading in as to the pluses and minuses of the release, just like they did for the Apollo 11 release last year. A new twist is price, we knew what the Apollo 11's price was, but the price for this one won't be known until its release. It will be very interesting to see what the reactions are, some will like it, some won't, but everyone will have an opinion.

And when the first ones are delivered another thread will be started.

Edited Sep 25, 2020
    Omega-Q, Japanred and speedypants like this.
  4. taz101 Sep 25, 2020

This

Japanred likes this.
  5. midimanwatch Sep 26, 2020

This is the point that I have been trying to make.

I don't understand why Omega are asking for deposits elsewhere and what it actually guarantees?

It is going to be interesting to see what happens as it sounds like there are going to be a lot of disappointed people coming up.
    I know that I will be one of them if we were given incorrect advice at the point of registering our interest and I will take that up with Omega!!

But I suspect it is going to be the other way round and most people are going to realise that the deposit was meaningless.
    I would have wanted a written receipt, full T&C's, and confirmation of my position in the waiting list if they asked for a single penny from me.

speedypants likes this.
  6. Pepe Lucas Sep 26, 2020

I see that the people that complain the most about putting the deposit are the ones not really required to do it. I really don’t see the point. I have put deposit for 2 previous releases and got the watches. Is the system perfect? Maybe not but it is way better than the Rolex one when you don’t put a deposit and wait for the mercy of the manager to get you a watch.

7. weimi1 Sep 26, 2020

Can you tell me in which countries deposits have to be made?
    I've never heard of it here in Germany and for a watch that doesn't come out as a limited edition, I would never do it. Here the watch would have to be delivered in any case, no matter where on the list I would be.

8. orlis Sep 26, 2020

US

9. Nyrmala Sep 26, 2020

Same in France.
    No deposit requested even tho there is an actual list and your position onto it will determine if you'll be able to get one or not.
    Another fun fact is that they can't tell you which position you're in on this list. My OB confirmed me that I was in good position but couldn't tell me how many were before me.
    But he told me that he was confident, since they did not manage to get me a previous watch while I was on a list, the director of the OB handled my case for the upcoming Snoopy.

He also told me that it was a Limited Edition and not a limited production.
    Seems like no one has the same info in each country.

Japanred likes this.
  10. midimanwatch Sep 26, 2020

Exactly and that is my point once more.

If Omega took a deposit from me I am making sure that I get that watch no matter what or else there will be trouble.

Omega should have made the deposit non-refundable if these people were that serious. I just dont see the point.

11. midimanwatch Sep 26, 2020

It all sounds like a lot or rubbish coming from everywhere and there is none of us are any wiser Nymrala.

I know that it is expected and not guaranteed to be coming out on the date and orders could be affected by supply due to what has happened this year. But that is understandable as most companies continue to come out of lockdown.

Money talks too, and who you know.

That's why a deposit means nothing.

Japanred likes this.
  12. Dedlock Sep 26, 2020

It probably works differently in the US, whatever the case if people are comfortable giving their ads or obs a deposit then that's their choice.

They would know best how their reservation system works in their part of the world. I've heard boutiques in Japan dont even maintain lists, they sell on a first in first out basis.

What is a fact is demand for this watch is going to be very high regardless, due to the popularity of the previous one.

YY77 and TokenMao like this.
  13. TokenMao Sep 26, 2020

Thank you... it's hilarious how we've spent 5 pages talking about the concept of deposits. I understand that others have a different system and they would never put down a deposit in the same circumstances and think US customers are stupid for doing so, great let's get on with our day, no need to beat a dead horse.

phooi, Dedlock and YY77 like this.
  14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 26, 2020

:D That made me laugh.

15. midimanwatch Sep 26, 2020

This is where you underestimate the power of the LAW, and it is probably one of the reasons why our OB's are not taking deposits from us ;).

16. hb8745 Sep 26, 2020

The reason they aren't disclosing in europe where you are exactly on the list is because your position likely doesn't matter as much and it would be somewhat revealing to their process. If you are confirmed #3 on their list and somehow find out they handed out 10 watches and you didn't get one, that wouldn't be a great look for them. On the flip side, if you were confirmed #90 on the list, and find out they handed out 10 watches but you got one, that also might not be a great look for the watch.

I would bet that if you made your deposit (US) in a reasonable timeframe, you will get a watch.

For those of us that really want the watch and don't have a lot of pull via other avenues, the deposit can only be a good thing. Not sure why people are upset over it at all. Its on your credit card, you are not giving them a "free loan" unless for some reason you deposit in cash. Even then, you'd lose all of $5 in interest. It's virtually a wash on paper.

17. texasmade Sep 26, 2020

Lol, $5 in interest. I’ll be lucky to get $5 in 6 months with $5000 in a savings account.

pw92676 likes this.
  18. midimanwatch Sep 26, 2020

I would prefer that method because who actually gets to see these lists? Do the Boutiques really keep a track of your place :D:D:D.

Think of all the people that are going to drop out from buying it, or the amount of people they are going to have to contact.

It would be far easier for them just to sell one to someone that comes in the store. Hence why I still think the deposit means nothing.

But we shall see.

I just pray we all don't get let down.

19. Soulcreek Sep 26, 2020

Does anyone know what format the announcement on the 5th will be? I mean an event? A simple website update? How does Omega usually announce new releases?

20. GuiltunderGlass Sep 26, 2020

This has not been my experience when inquiring about this specific watch. Granted I do not have a buying history with this boutique, but was told basically its not gonna happen, albeit in a very polite and roundabout way, lol. The Steel 321 on the other hand, I could get on a list w/o deposit needed.