Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. phooi Sep 20, 2020

I think people conflate exclusivity and desire with real interest. I have been trying to get a Daytona at retail for almost 20 years. I was finally able to get on a waitlist but would gladly walk into an AD and get one at retail even if nobody liked them. I feel the exact opposite for the nautilus.

There are way more exclusive watches than those above. I was looking at a Le Régulateur Louis Erard x Alain Silberstein today. They are limited to 178 pieces, has a very interesting complication but does not have the hype. I will guarantee that you will not see many people wearing that watch.

2. YY77 Sep 20, 2020

That's just ridiculous::screwloose::
    Educated guess 178 people::bleh::

3. Evitzee Sep 20, 2020

You are unlikely to ever get a Daytona at retail if you don't have a special relationship with a Rolex dealer. If you would have bought a Daytona 20 years ago at whatever the market value was you would be WAY ahead of the game at this point. Manufacturers do not set the final price, markets do.

4. flash_in_the_pan All Bozos on this bus Sep 20, 2020

In today's watch world, it's probably only worn by three people. The rest are sitting in safes.

5. phooi Sep 20, 2020

they are very reasonable - $5k. I have a friend who wears one. Google the watch. It’s not everyone’s taste but it is such a fun watch especially if you’re considering a snoopy.

6. phooi Sep 20, 2020

My point was more that there are people who buy because of real interest instead of FOMO and hype. My reasons for not getting the Daytona was youth and budget.

I’m not going to get into details about my relationship with my AD but I believe that they will deliver one. It might be a multi-year wait but they have already come through with my SS Skydweller.

7. Pazzo Sep 20, 2020

It's a limited edition of only 178 pieces. That's the most one can see. 178 is not a lot, IMHO.

Retailing for CHF 2,900.00 according to their site, personally I'd go for something else.

Can someone tell me the time on that watch please? ... :)

8. midimanwatch Sep 21, 2020

And think what that could do to the 2015 release.

The 2015 Snoopy cost less than a Steel Bracelet Speedy and I am sure that Omega could afford to re-lease the 2015 model on mass if they wanted too, wiping £1000,s of what people are attempting to sell them for.

IMO I don't see what all the hype was about. It's a nice watch but it's hardly the best Speedmaster on the market and it has kids character on the dial if you like that kind of thing and for that reason I wouldn't wear it in a professional setting lol.

But there are plenty of die hard Omega and Snoopy fans that are willing to pay silly money for it to sit along side their other Snoopy memorabilia.

Do you think that the Rolex Brigade lust over it?

9. YY77 Sep 21, 2020

It's selling for 6 x the RRP, so yes.:whistling:

Martin_J_N likes this.
  10. Dedlock Sep 21, 2020

Rolex brigade, good one lol.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  11. Martin_J_N Sep 21, 2020

The last Snoopy is an awesome watch, unique and stylish, fun and interesting. I think that those people who were lucky enough to get one have a classic watch.

And what a talking point, so much to discuss on that dial and on the case back.

We are all unique as human beings, we have different likes and dislikes which is great, if everyone liked the same thing life would be hellishly boring and uninteresting.

phooi likes this.
  12. Boony Sep 21, 2020

Steel

phooi and frazierspa like this.
  13. midimanwatch Sep 21, 2020

I doubt if any of the Rolex Brigade would realistically buy one if it wasn't for the fact of how they have appreciated in value.

Lets not kid ourselves here.

Snoopy is not a Daytona.

It's just something that people went stupid over and the same may happen here.

I think Omega realised their mistake from last time and are set to cash in on this one.

Vale21 likes this.
  14. edmer79 Sep 21, 2020

I called OB today, they told me it is not a limited edition.It will be limited production.
    I am based in Singapore.

15. EricCsN Sep 21, 2020

yes this is confirmed.

16. texasmade Sep 21, 2020

Does this matter? Different people like different things. Not everything needs to be serious and professional at all times.

phooi likes this.
  17. Nyrmala Sep 21, 2020

The speedmaster moonwatch has to be xD

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 21, 2020

Just googled what xD means

I’m getting too old for social media ::facepalm2::

speedydownunder, YY77 and Omega-Q like this.
  19. Omega-Q Sep 21, 2020

You ain't the only one! haha!

STANDY likes this.
  20. Capt Cave Man Sep 21, 2020

x3 ::facepalm2::::facepalm2::

Omega-Q likes this.