Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. tvlaan Sep 10, 2020

The source at my boutique said limited production, not limited edition and to expect a blue/white color scheme.

take it with a grain of salt, but he’s been spot on in the past...

Caliber561 and Pun like this.
  2. Newatch321 Sep 10, 2020

Hopefully the white color includes the dial. ::popcorn::

3. Vale21 Sep 11, 2020

Same already have one and it diserve more for a 50th anniversary... Let see

Newatch321 likes this.
  4. Vale21 Sep 11, 2020

You killed me

kilofinal likes this.
  5. Japanred Sep 11, 2020

I called into the AD on Wednesday and they hadn’t heard a bean from Omega. They only know as much as we do. I can’t believe that any of the OB’s or AD’s knows anything yet.

6. pdxleaf ... Sep 11, 2020

blue and white would be fantastic. the Earth rising image is one of the strongest images that came from Apollo. I'd love to see that incorporated into a watch at some point. It would be almost as good as an Omega Snoopy doghouse shaped box.

WatchNurse, Caliber561 and Martin_J_N like this.
  7. Martin_J_N Sep 11, 2020

Apollo 13 took Humans further from earth than they had been before or have been since, so something to recognise that feat would be good, I like the earth image idea, that would be cool but I do think that Snoopy will be the main feature of the watch. A nice blue dial and white sub dials would be awesome maybe the main dial could be an earth image with Snoopy on the back.

kilofinal and pdxleaf like this.
  8. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 11, 2020

Some of us hope the very best design features won't be included... and kept for a " 50 years Apollo-Soyuz Test Project " Speedmaster... 2025
    You know bigger pushers, etc... :whistling:

9. Japanred Sep 11, 2020

I’m hoping for more snoopy snoopy snoopy

kilofinal likes this.
  10. pdxleaf ... Sep 11, 2020

What about Santa?! After all, Apollo 13 confirmed that there is a Santa Claus.

11. Walrus Sep 11, 2020

Is that a watch that will be bought mostly by collectors or mostly by those looking to sell in the future at a profit? Or is it to soon to say. On these LE or limited production runs do you think it’s 50/50. Those of you saying you are “excited” about the release I assume you are saying so as it’s something you are looking forward to owning. I have sold watches but only a couple times did I buy a watch specifically thinking of selling it. I’m not trying to turn this into a flipping thread I’m just curious about the motivations for purchase in general terms not trying to stick anyone out, it’s a free country anyway, or so they say.

Japanred likes this.
  12. pdxleaf ... Sep 11, 2020

55K views of this thread; probably 55k different responses.

1:55K perspective is that there are a LOT of ugly hot watches. My interest is primarily because it is fun to anticipate this kind of milestone release. It doesn't happen that often (some would argue too often) and it combines the thrill of space and watches, which for some is a strong drive, while not as much for others. Would I buy one to flip? No. Would I buy one if it is unremarkable? No. Would I buy one if it is remarkable and beautiful with an interesting movement? Maybe, but it would have a lot of competition from other lust worthy watches, including other brands (see the recent thread on A. Lange). I am realizing I am not a "collector" like I thought I was. I collect art, astronaut autographs, and apparently left over crap from remodeling projects because my garage is full of "just in case" stuff. But I like watches. It depends I guess. But it sure is fun!

13. Capt Cave Man Sep 11, 2020

@Walrus, for me it's to own not flip.

I currently only have 1 Speedy, the Apollo 11 50th and would love to own a Snoopy/Apollo 13 50th along side it, the others... a standard Speedy and a 145.022-69 straight writing.

Of course, if they hold their own fine, if they increase it's a bonus as they could help offset their service/insurance costs :D

Walrus likes this.
  14. Twocats Married... with children Sep 11, 2020

Me too. My pet name for my wife is Snoopy as she was wearing a Snoopy Lapel pin on her Air Hostess uniform the first time I met her. After 21 years I don't even consider her real name until I call her Snoopy in a supermarket or restaurant, its only when I get the "looks" that I remember its a bit of a strange thing to call your wife.

Her father is worse, he calls his wife Pussy, seriously !!! I had to take him to one side and explain to this charming eighty year old man what his pet name for his wife meant today, awkward dinner after that.

15. texasmade Sep 11, 2020

I'll get it if it looks nice and within my budget. I wouldn't get it just to flip or if I'm only lukewarm on it.

16. Toishome Sep 11, 2020

No need for all this speculation as to what it will look like. Let's just ask Robert-Jan to give us a wrist shot. I am sure he got his already :D

17. jlv1982 Sep 11, 2020

Spoke to my AD today. Know this has been mentioned already but he told me very strong likelihood it won’t be a limited edition. So there’s that...and waiting. Wouldn’t take a deposit though.

WatchNurse likes this.
  18. feltrobot Sep 11, 2020

Long time lurker, first time poster. For me, it's purchase to own and daily wear. I don't care about flipping or if it's LE or not. Why? Well my first watch as a kid was a Snoopy watch (black watch, Snoopy on his house fighting the Red Baron in the clouds). When the 2003 Snoopy came out, I wasn't interested in mechanical watches. When the 2015 came out, I was broke and couldn't afford a watch.

So here we are today. Hopefully I'll like what I see when they release it in October and I'll finally get my "adult" Snoopy watch!

19. Evitzee Sep 11, 2020

In 24 days we will all see our fortitude when we are confronted with an unlimited edition priced at $10k+. Too many are dreaming of scoring a $6,500 Snoopy that will go to $40,000 on the secondary market in a couple of years. Ain't going to happen.

I have no dog (beagle or otherwise) in this hunt, but I think people are getting wound up and setting themselves up to be disappointed. The excitement is palpable.

asrnj77, WiZARD, Martin_J_N and 4 others like this.
  20. Japanred Sep 12, 2020

As an owner of a white 45th anniversary Snoopy I don’t think that there is any advantage to these watches reaching stratospheric prices. Not for people like me who will never sell. If anything the price rise has lessened the ownership experience as I struggle to find insurance for the watch. Coupled with the fact that as it’s now worth more than my car I darent wear it out and about anymore.

I hope that the 50th anniversary IS limited edition as I think limiting it makes a watch a bit more special. I don’t think anyone minds a bit of a price rise to offset ownership and servicing costs etc so that would be nice. But ultimately I want a watch that’s playful and fun, and doesn’t take itself too seriously; something that the 45th anniversary got exactly right in my opinion.

rdasari, Mr Gadget and Tet like this.