Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Dedlock Sep 8, 2020

I can't believe the reveal is less than a month away and nobody knows anything about this watch.

What did they have to sign strict non disclosure agreements.

Hopefully it'll pay off and we'll get a special entry in the speedmaster lineup. So far this year nothing Omega has announced has been to my liking.

Japanred likes this.
  2. WatchNurse Sep 8, 2020

According to a friend of mine that works at a pretty high volume mover Omega AD (we'll know for sure next at month's announcement) but she said that the Snoopy Speedy will not be limited edition and assured I would be able to obtain one. Maybe Omega is trying to get back at the flippers ;)

3. abrod520 Sep 8, 2020

Nah the new thing is "limited production" a la the No Time To Die Seamaster. They want to project an aura of exclusivity but still be able to sell as many as they can

asrnj77 and WatchNurse like this.
  4. Evitzee Sep 8, 2020

Last year's Apollo 11 50th had even more anticipation and there were zero leaks as to what it looked like until Omega revealed it on May 17th even though it was well into production assembly and testing. It seems Omega and its suppliers can keep a secret. Many people in the US paid for it in full with no idea as to what it looked like. I don't think we'll know anything more until Oct. 5th.

It was indicated around March 2019 (two months before reveal) that the Apollo 11 edition volume would be 6969 pcs and its price. There has been no indication that this upcoming release will be limited in number or its price. It may well be a 'numbered edition' like the FOIS, or a 'limited production' like the Ed White, or even something like the Apollo 8, in and out of stock with no idea how many are produced or how long it will remain in production.

Edited Sep 8, 2020
    Pun, WatchNurse and Dedlock like this.
  5. Dedlock Sep 8, 2020

I'll place my bet on this watch being a limited edition with a fixed amount of pieces. If this is going to be a snoopy sequel then I cannot comprehend it being in production for five or six years.

it'll have to be for a fixed amount of units, otherwise they will drain anything that is special about the 50th milestone.

What I'm wondering is if they're going to replace the 1861, that'll sure spice things up.

Japanred and rohnin like this.
  6. Evitzee Sep 8, 2020

Perhaps, but Omega does not want a repeat of what happened with the last Snoopy, they lost a lot of revenue as the watch took off on the secondary market. They want to maximize profit, and that may mean keeping the watch available to those who want one, a few years maybe. A lot will depend on its price point.

7. s2000_driver Sep 8, 2020

From what I've heard, this is not limited edition watch. Regular, but low production numbers.

rominvicta and WatchNurse like this.
  8. 8100_RPM Sep 8, 2020

How would you feel if it was a limited production watch along the lines of the DSOTM based Apollo 8 and Team Alinghi Speedmasters?

9. rohnin Sep 8, 2020

It ought to be limited edition imho, as an anniversary piece

Japanred and Dedlock like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 8, 2020

Will be same amount as 50th so about 10,000

Dedlock likes this.
  11. EricCsN Sep 9, 2020

might be between the 50th and 321

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 9, 2020

It will be 10k they sold that many Buzz butt,s they will sell the same amount of Snoopy 50th,s

13. EricCsN Sep 9, 2020

they also had the gold pieces not just butts for sale. add the 2 sales and this total number may be the one they shoot for

14. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 9, 2020

Because the 1969 Apollo 10 Lunar Module lunar module was set to skim over the surface of the Moon, it was named Snoopy because it was going to “snoop” around Apollo 11’s future landing site.
    Omega watches and Snoopy...
    The official NASA Snoopy logo with motto "Eyes on the Stars" was used on the caseback of the 2003 Snoopy Speedmaster
    While this logo was used as a Silver Snoopy pin at caseback of the 2015 Snoopy Speedmaster... Which logo will Omega use this time ?
    It would be great to have the official NASA Snoopy logo at the 12 o'clock position with just Omega or just Speedmaster underneath it...
    Just like the best looking Speedmaster design ever... The 1976 Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster... and yes add those bigger pushers as well !
    2020_MoonwatchSnoopy.jpg

Edit: NASA's Snoopy website
    https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/heo/sfa/aac/silver-snoopy-award

Edited Sep 9, 2020
    Tekashi_145.022 and kilofinal like this.
  15. w@tcher Sep 9, 2020

I believe that the caliber will be the 3861 and something special - may be a logo with Snoopy will be at the dial at 9 position, as it happened to the 2 previous releases...

Definitely after 5th October,... the price of the previous Snoopy will be increased more and more...

Japanred and SpeedyPhill like this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 9, 2020

What about Snoopy hugging Charlie Brown

https://history.nasa.gov/afj/ap10fj/as10-day5-pt22.html

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  17. Capt Cave Man Sep 9, 2020

My AD told me they heard it would be a caliber 321.

Personally, I also believe it will be 3861, along the lines of the Apollo 11 50th LE otherwise the're directly competing against their Ed White 321 LP??

... and yes, will certainly help the values of the previous Snoopy releases.

18. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 9, 2020

Japanred, red crowned, Eve and 4 others like this.
  19. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 9, 2020

Snoopy will be on the dial, but you will need a special UV penlight to see him.

rob09, Japanred and Vale21 like this.
  20. EricCsN Sep 9, 2020

The last snoopy does not need help with value preposition; it is already at out of this world prices (way beyond daytona white ceramics)

Vale21 and YY77 like this.