Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. rhr321 Jan 20, 2021

what I am hearing is consistent with cvalue13. I also never said anything about it being an exact process, nor anything about how they might deal with clients that have a history with more than 1 boutique (anybody in this position is likely to mention it to the staff). The watches are going to known boutique clients, controlled by headquarters. Maybe eventually some ADs will get some, if they do, they can probably allocate to people as they choose. I suspect the significant majority will be sold through omega boutiques, why would Omega give up margin if they don't have to. They might give some to ADs, particularly to well performing ones.

cvalue13 likes this.
  2. cvalue13 Jan 20, 2021

This

3. stevec14 Jan 20, 2021

Correct - it’s not implausible - no ones disputing that and nor have I.

i’m not really sure what your point is....

4. cvalue13 Jan 20, 2021

:thumbsdown:

@cvalue13: here’s the OB rep “Palace Intrigue”... HQ is checking buyer data

@sgrossma: checking buyer data is hard

@stevec14: that’s why I take it with pinch of salt; also, it’s hearsay

@cvalue13: doesn’t seem checking buyer data is that hard; also, did you know “palace intrigue” means ~rumors?

@stevec14: I don’t get your point

::confused2::

5. stevec14 Jan 20, 2021

I’m not sure where the last quote you attributed to yourself has come from - certainly, I didn’t read that.

anyway, as I said no one is disputing that they could do it. But you said they were combing and cross checking lists. That indicates to me a greater level of accruacy than which you seem to think that relates to.

That’s fine. move on. Thanks

6. cvalue13 Jan 20, 2021

I think at best we’re in violent agreement and at worst talking past one-another

7. stevec14 Jan 20, 2021

That is indeed quite possible. Let’s get a room and let the thread progress :whipped:

cvalue13 likes this.
  8. stevec14 Jan 20, 2021

I’m doing the hitting btw....I don’t do pain well...

Edited Jan 20, 2021
  9. rhr321 Jan 20, 2021

I did notice that Wei Koh said Singapore waitlist was 2000+. It wasn’t 100% clear to me if this was just Singapore boutique or all boutiques. If we extrapolate there are 160 boutiques worldwide, 2000 per boutique would be a waitlist of 320,000. I find it a bit surprising a single boutique would make a list that long and I am skeptical.

Some people seem to think this watch is overhyped and will be easily available. I don’t know, but everything I see still points to there being high demand and above retail pricing on secondary market even if they can make 20,000 over 4 years (5000/yr)

I am in the time will tell camp, know nothing for sure, but when I see even Snoopy 1 from 2003 selling for 30k USD, I do not believe this will be easy to get.

I will eat my words if wrong. I would rather have a Snoopy over a Daytona because I am engineer and space nerd, and I think saving lives in the advancement of human exploration and science is cool .... but the stupid Daytona goes for more than double list and the Snoopy is much cooler and special.

speedypants likes this.
  10. Martin_J_N Jan 21, 2021

Curious as to where the figure of 160 Boutiques world wide comes from. I counted over 20 in the UK before I gave up, London actually has 8 Omega Boutiques listed in the Omega directory. A lot of the UK boutiques are run by Watches of Switzerland, these stores are shown as boutiques, in addition the WOS group may also run AD's in the same area.

Omega may run a boutique in the capital but they must also licence the term to WOS to allow them to run Omega only franchises across the UK, these 'Boutiques' are going to get preference over AD's for stock and will probably have waiting lists for Snoopy that run well into double figures at the bigger locations, maybe even 3 figures.

If the manager at my 'Boutique' is correct Omega is going to keep making Snoopy as long as there is demand, so expect a long production run, he was very confident that if I want a Snoopy in a year or two's time he will be able to get me one.

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 21, 2021

@Martin_J_N not all Omega stand alone are boutiques. Dubai mall boutique is actually owned by a jewellery company but set up to look like a boutique.
    You can have a boutique Omega owned or a Boutique jewellery company owned.

Rumour is a new batch is about to be delivered to Australia. Monthly phone calls is the theme Omega is looking at with several hundred made each month.

Don’t know how OBs in some places are only getting one watch at a time when in Aus Sydney there was a group of people that got watches not just one. (hence the picture of the 4 guys that picked up their watches in one day that were happy to pose for a group shot and a lot more than 4 watches in the first delivery)

cvalue13 and Martin_J_N like this.
  12. sgrossma Jan 21, 2021

I believe you were told this very early on, no? The situation has evolved quite a bit since then.

Aeschlimann confirmed in an article that the waitlist is already 5 years long from the initial demand alone.
    Petro Protopapas, head of brand heritage said that for every single email they receive for a "normal" watch, they literally get hundreds for the snoopy.
    EDIT: Here is the source article again: https://www.esquire.com/uk/watches/a35052522/snoopy-watches/

It is quite possible that you have a great relationship with your manager and he would make things happen for you. But even though communication has been poor regarding delivery and supply, Omega has been clear with saying demand was insanely higher than they could have ever imagined and there is just no way that the average person can causally get one in a year or two... let alone 5.

taz101 likes this.
  13. rhr321 Jan 21, 2021

The 160 boutique number is from the Revolution article. These are Omega owned boutiques.

“We already know it will be a very popular watch, and so, we will make precisely the quantities that we had planned, which will not be a lot. This also allows us to closely monitor the sale of each watch, so that we can do our best to ensure each Snoopy ends up in the hands of a true collector and not a reseller.”

“We really want this watch to be on the wrists of the right people. Our biggest asset in accomplishing this, is our network of 160 boutiques in the world where real clients have developed a relationship with the staff there and we know these are genuine people.”

https://www.revolution.watch/in-conversation-with-raynald-aeschlimann-ceo-omega-watches/

sgrossma likes this.
  14. stevec14 Jan 21, 2021

It’s an interesting article. I hadn’t read it as yet.

2 paragraphs above where you quote he also says that they wanted to make it a non limited edition and that with patience those who aspire to own the watch will be able to make that a reality.

I suppose one key aspect is what his definition of ‘not a lot’ is in terms of yearly production rates....and how the vetting of customers is anticipated to work for those watches sold through the AD network.

I suppose the good news is that given I’ve lost money on nearly every watch I’ve flogged, there’s little chance of me being on the naughty list!

amiriqbal likes this.
  15. taz101 Jan 21, 2021

Bottom line is people had their chance to get in on this in the days after it dropped. Those who choose the "i'll get it in a couple of years" run that risk.

16. Capt Cave Man Jan 21, 2021

"This will be a model we will continue to make, but never in huge quantities and without any time limitation. It will be a limited production every year. We already know it will be a very popular watch, and so, we will make precisely the quantities that we had planned, which will not be a lot."

The revolution article confirms it's being produced in a similar vein to the 321.
    The correct questions are;
    1) how many per year?
    2) for how many years?
    3) how many orders have been placed?

Answers are at most speculation...

scapa, RMA and taz101 like this.
  17. texasmade Jan 21, 2021

Sounds like short answer is the following:

1. Not enough to satisfy demand.
    2. Not enough to satisfy demand.
    3. A lot.

18. chadeaux Jan 21, 2021

It's very interesting to see how many people are fascinated about getting the exact numbers.
    But they don't really ask the same questions for other hot references.

For example You could easily play the same game and ask:
    How many people are on the list of interest for a Pepsi?
    How many Pepsi are making every year?
    For how many years there will be a Pepsi in production?
    What if Rolex floods the market with Pepsi?

The general rule is: Rolex can have "hot references" no questions asked, while Omega needs to be fair, satisfy everybody, produce in mass, and distribute to whoever wants a watch instead.

C'mon. A reality check is needed here.
    This is a demand and offer game.
    Demand is huge. Offer is definitely lower than demand.
    So the reference will hold value and actually have a premium if you want the watch without waiting.
    It's that simple!

E-wotch, nahckered, taz101 and 2 others like this.
  19. scapa Jan 21, 2021

My AD (Canada) still saying they're expecting deliveries in Q1 for those with deposits. Not adding any names to the list or taking any deposits now until first tranche of orders fulfilled. I'm supposedly in that first group, but who knows. I'm expecting to get mine anytime between now and the end of 2023. My only concern is multiple price rises between now and then.

They've received 6 total of the new MW -- 3 of each.

Edited Jan 21, 2021
    cvalue13 likes this.
  20. Martin_J_N Jan 21, 2021

I had that chance and declined the watch, I simply don't like it so have passed and had my deposit refunded. I hope that everyone hunting the new Snoopy gets to find one.

Patrik83, Caliber561 and cvalue13 like this.