Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Vaipec Dec 13, 2020

They told me as they couldn't grantee delivery date, they couldn't take deposits. This on the 6th of October

2. ToyotaMoe Dec 13, 2020

Has anyone in the United States received their watch yet?

3. phooi Dec 14, 2020

crickets so far

4. secretagent Dec 14, 2020

Crickets here too

5. texasmade Dec 14, 2020

I haven’t received anything yet but I’m not a VIP.

6. EricCsN Dec 14, 2020

was somewhat surprised that so far the only known recipients of snoopy are forumers who are relative new comers to OF (they may be VIP though just not active on OF). Of course on sensitivity sake to others, I would expect that those known VIPs on this OF will not say anything (if they got them early) but what the rest of the long timers on this board who surely should be receiving theirs now.

7. Soulcreek Dec 14, 2020

Gosh it’s exciting, like the Illuminati or something ;)

amfalconer, EricCsN and Toubias06 like this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 14, 2020

Most VIPs don’t do forums, unless their butler does it for them.

This VIP stuff is rubbish. It’s people that spend a lot of money. Plenty of VIPs that aren’t members here and plenty of people that buy Omega Speedmaster that don’t visit here.

@Robert-Jan has had to wait like all of us, and copped flack for showing his 321 when several got one about the same time.
    Plenty of other forums with Omega owners and buyers that don’t participate here.
    I know one guy that has nearly every LE but has never posted anything on any forum.

Chill with the who gets theirs and when.

Edit ..
    and by the way, Switzerland boutiques always get their delivery before anywhere else in the world so that’s why the few I know who have theirs are from Switzerland

Pun, Caliber561, Omega-Q and 8 others like this.
  9. ASAK22 Dec 14, 2020

Hey Everyone Im a young recent Omega Enthusiast that has really fallen in love with the snoopy 50th anniversary. I know i missed the preorders but if there is any advice you can give someone like me on how I can go about securing one I would really appreciate it. I am located in NY. Thank you in advance.

Edited Dec 14, 2020
  10. w@tcher Dec 14, 2020

I suppose, if someone could advice and help you, he should be aware where you are located...
    ;)

11. Omega-Q Dec 14, 2020

I would talk to your local OB or AD to see if you can either place a deposit, or get your name on the list.

12. Hany_AE Dec 14, 2020

I’m fairly new to this world as well, but fortunately I’ve been able to put a deposit in the first days of the release. Since I know the ADs still have the freedom to allocate to who they want once the watch will start being shipped, I’ve made a few visit since, bought another watch (Tudor BB58 Blue) and some jewelry for my wife. I think it’s all about the connection you can make to your local AD and showing you’re there with them for the long run, not a one time buyer trying to make a quick profit on a hot reference.

13. ASAK22 Dec 14, 2020

Sorry about that forgot to add that part. I am in NY. I have spoken to the local Omega Stores in NYC and they put my name on a list but said it can take 3-5 years if i even get one (not sure how true this is. I have started conversations with some authorized dealers but most are saying they do not even know how many they are going to get yet and are saving them for their top customers.

14. phooi Dec 14, 2020

As this is not a LE, it is omegas intention of getting one into the hands of anyone who wants one. I’d try to build a relationship with the OB/AD and be ready to put a deposit when the next round opens.

Good luck!

wolfe44 likes this.
  15. Topshelf Dec 14, 2020

I would definitely reach out to your local AD and Boutique maybe there's a list you can get on?

16. Evitzee Dec 14, 2020

Personally, I refuse to do business with such companies that sniff at me and tell me I'll have to get on a waiting list and buy some unknown amount of product from them in order to MAYBE getting the watch 3-5 years down the line, if ever. It's up to you if you want to play that game.

wolfe44, Dogmann and Dedalus05 like this.
  17. rhr321 Dec 14, 2020

This isn’t Rolex. I haven’t heard of 1 case of boutique telling a customer that have to buy additional watches to get snoopy. What they are doing is prioritizing existing clients who they know to be true enthusiasts based on their existing purchase history. There’s a difference.

let me give you a hypothetical situation. A walk-in customer comes into boutique at opening time on Oct 5, asks to place deposit for snoopy. An hour before opening , a known collector texts the same sales associate to get on the list. This is known customer who has bought 10+ watches from this sales agent.

who should get watch first? What is fair and good business?

Capcom likes this.
  18. Topshelf Dec 14, 2020

First come first serve, if the known collector was that hard core of an omega enthusiast he would've inquired about the watch weeks ago.

19. rhr321 Dec 14, 2020

The point I was trying to make is that first come first serve is fuzzy, because you can have 30+ people all walking into, phoning, and texting all at the same time, 9am Oct 5. Also, deposit rules are different in each country, some don’t take deposits or wait lists before official announcement and some do not take deposits at all.

There is no perfect way to do this, but recognizing relationships and past business isn’t necessarily wrong, it reduces the likelihood they get into the hands of flippers.

Martin_J_N and speedypants like this.
  20. EricCsN Dec 14, 2020

The intention "of getting one into the hands of anyone who wants one" is noble and a statement of intent by its CEO. The reality is that everywhere the waiting list is very long from the very first day of its news and has to be curtailed and even if ppl (not enough of them) are dropping off .

Edited Dec 14, 2020
    whitewolf777 likes this.