Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Capt Cave Man Dec 5, 2020

When paying my deposit with my AD (UK), my expectations were set towards the end of Q1 2021, possibly later if delayed.

I'm happy to wait... be patient... after all it's an AD, not an OB.

I'm a little surprised those who made deposits with their OBs haven't been informed anything yet when the first pieces were expected to be released late November, although you could argue, that's only a few days out...

If there are significant delays, I would see that as an excuse to push for a NATO or Omega trinkets to be thrown in.

I still hope to obtain mine in April.

2. EricCsN Dec 5, 2020

Houston we have a problem... where is snoopy, i need it now/ soon for the burn (in my heart)

delo and Pun like this.
  3. phooi Dec 5, 2020

I think the announcement date was fine. Had they done a better job of messaging when folks can expect watches, we wouldn’t be on this forum speculating. Omega really messed up here. What I don’t get is how omega does not have a handle on their manufacturing at this point.

4. texasmade Dec 5, 2020

It would’ve been better if they said shipments expected to start Q1 2021 instead of end of October. Right now this makes Omega look like clowns the fact that they haven’t shipped any and we’re now in December.

Chassimoto1, nahckered and AK1 like this.
  5. nismo Dec 5, 2020

Lot of hate about delivery. What dates were you guys told for your deposits? I was told probably around Q1 2021 on Oct 5th. I didn't bother asking my position on the list as all I wanted to know was rough delivery time. Did any of you that are clearly upset get a delivery time that has gone and passed? I'm now putting in a buffer myself for 3+ more months because of COVID exploding here in the US.

6. texasmade Dec 5, 2020

I wasn’t told a delivery time but I’m hoping for Q1 2021. It’s more annoying that Omega said deliveries would start end of October and we’re in December now with no deliveries. I don’t think RJ even received one yet and he’s usually #1 on any Speedmaster list.

neoguendia and phooi like this.
  7. Soulcreek Dec 5, 2020

For me, the moral is OBs in certain regions shouldn’t have taken deposits then there wouldn’t be so many upset peeps.

8. Pazzo Dec 5, 2020

I'm sure that the order to accept deposits came from high above.

9. DNX Dec 5, 2020

Relax, have faith - i have a feeling some of you are going to have a very happy Christmas...

10. delo Dec 6, 2020

Feeling like a noob here with some of these heavy hitters. I posted a little while ago about thinking of pulling my deposit. Then my childlike excitement took over, again.

This will be my first watch in this class, likely my only. I wasn’t aware of the speedmaster until my wife took me to try one on. At the time my country was recruiting astronauts and I ended up being a finalist for the job but had a small medical issue which disqualified me. Since then I’ve been saving and think this is the watch for me.

I’m hoping to hand it down to one of my sons someday.

11. Capt Cave Man Dec 6, 2020

Firstly, welcome @delo

Wow, congratulations to making it to being a finalist that's a heck of a lot closer than most of us here would ever come!

Ignore most of the banter, If this is the watch that sings to you, go for it :thumbsup:

I was very much the same as yourself a year ago and my first big purchase was the Apollo 11 50th, thinking this would be my one and only biggest watch purchase... I'm now on the waitlist for the Silver Snoopy Award ::facepalm2::

Like you, my thoughts are to also pass these down one day.

delo likes this.
  12. scapa Dec 6, 2020

Me too — though I’m not sure about the “one day.” My youngest is very pleased to see that Snoopy is “also on this watch”, and has suggested that we wear it in rotation....

delo and Capt Cave Man like this.
  13. phooi Dec 6, 2020

welcome! It is quite an achievement to being a finalist.

As long as you still like the watch, have faith. Omega will release this watch. They are just notorious for never being on time. I’m keeping my spot and hope for a release this month.

delo likes this.
  14. wolfe44 Dec 6, 2020

What country are you from? Congrats on both btw

15. Newatch321 Dec 7, 2020

Another week passed by with no news from Omega, understand that I had to wait but no news after taking $10k for 2 months. It does not sit well... The wait continues.

nahckered likes this.
  16. Dedalus05 Dec 7, 2020

I'm not at all annoyed by the delay as I counted on next year, but at the same time the longer it goes on the less enthusiastic I am about the watch. I might withdraw my name and go for the new speedy in the summer instead. The Snoopy is a bit too showey for daily wear. And I'm not really a keep em in the safe kinda guy. The new Speedy can be treated a bit less preciously.

Also, it finally has politically correct text on the back, which means my sisters in the movement of Moonwatch Exclusionary Radical Astronauts won't feel put out.

savio.79 likes this.
  17. delo Dec 7, 2020

Canada

18. Newatch321 Dec 7, 2020

I am ok waiting, understand my number on the list. The issue is no news from Omega is what make me unhappy. Just posting something on their website admitting an issue would be a welcome news. Just does not sit well. Getting out of my soapbox. I am still waiting for the piece and do not plan to take back the full deposit, but official news from Omega would be great. Don't loose your spot in the line and keep waiting for news, unless you need the funds for something else.

E-wotch likes this.
  19. savio.79 Dec 8, 2020

So if I don’t misunderstand, most of you are saying this: when I’ve placed my deposit in October, my AD or OB said “delivery in about 6 months” and now, only one and half month later, you’re expecting some official news from Omega.

I can’t understand...

20. Dedalus05 Dec 8, 2020

Christmas came early! Pic to follow.

Edit - teasing is mean. Just saw this Christmas Tree decoration she must have picked up in town today:

20201208_173735.jpg

Edited Dec 8, 2020
    Martin_J_N, Kangaroo_22 and texasmade like this.