Forums Latest Members

Obtaining a Datejust 126234

1. iceweasel Aug 15, 2022

Picked up a speedmaster a couple years ago and now have a desire for a ref 126234 blue stick dial, fluted, and jubilee. Is this a hard watch to get from an AD? Do they still sell/make these? Or should I look on OF/ other forums? The last one posted on OF was 2021.

2. yipeeyo Aug 15, 2022

Check on Chrono24

3. Dan S Aug 15, 2022

Perhaps this is stating the obvious, but the OP should probably contact his local ADs to ask about the availability of this model. Hypothetical information from strangers on the internet will have no practical impact on whether he can get one from ADs that are accessible to him in the real world.

Togri v. 2.0 likes this.
  4. iceweasel Aug 15, 2022

I just trying to figure out if this ref model is even given to ADs still or if a new model is coming out but I guess I will just call. Just wanted to see if it would be a waste of time since I am in LA.

5. johnireland Aug 15, 2022

If you're in LA, there are probably more Rolexes here than in all of Switzerland...maybe Europe. And there are many many many ADs. If the watch you want is not the latest current model, I'm sure you'll be able to find it at one of the hundreds of non-AD stores selling Rolexes. I just googled Rolex watches for sale in Los Angeles and got this:

Rolex watches for sale in Los Angeles - Search (bing.com)

Maybe you'll even find a different Rolex that you like more.

6. blueteg Aug 15, 2022

I would reach out to a few of your local ADs. If you have purchase history with them, probably not too hard of a watch to get. If you don't, it could be a bit of a wait. But naturally YMMV. There are stories with guys that years of purchase history can't seem to get the call on a 'common' model...and there are other stories of guys walking in there and walking out with something. Its all dependent on the AD, and the customer.

The 126234 blue dial w/ fluted bezel on jub bracelet is still in the current Rolex catalog so it should be available from your local AD(s)...whether you get the call/nod from them is another story. :)
    Retail on these is about $8700 USD + tax. If you don't want to wait, there is one for sale on TheRolexForums from one of the trusted vendors on there for about $11,000. Just posted a couple days ago.

Hope this helps

7. johnireland Aug 15, 2022

Which size case are we talking about? 36mm 41mm? I'm a big Rolex fan, but for $8700 plus tax I would seriously consider a lot of other nice watches. Vintage Datejusts, JLC Reversos, IWC, etc. And for $11,000 you buy better and have great dinner for 6 at Spago. If you want to know what that watch is worth, try to sell it to the dealer three days after you buy it.

8. blueteg Aug 15, 2022

Ref. 126234 is a 36mm
    Their 41mm DJ has a different reference number

9. Tuna Cowboy Aug 15, 2022

Bing!!!