Forums Latest Members

Need a Legit Check on a DateJust 16013

1. Anj Mar 12, 2018

Hi, is it possible to tell if this Rolex is the real deal just from these images?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The seller doesn't know how to open the watch, so we'll be bringing it to a technician.

But from the get-go is there anything that posts a red flag, or any suspicion?

I don't think there's a lot of 16013 clones, but I wanted to make sure!

2. ag986 Mar 12, 2018

I don't see anything that doesn't look legit but if you want it opened, take it to someone that is qualified.

Anj likes this.
  3. Canuck Mar 12, 2018

Looks legit. But there is a red flag! That winding crown shouldn’t stick out like it does in your pictures. When you find someone who has the right equipment to open it, you might ask for an opinion on condition, and whether that crown is worn out, or if there are movement problems.

omegasaso12 and Anj like this.
  4. SteveZ28 Mar 12, 2018

Dial looks good. Have the qualified person remove the bracelet and verify the serial number and model numbers match (or are close) to the date marked on the inside of the caseback. The bracelet looks like it needs a serious cleaning. Nice looking watch.

Anj likes this.
  5. Robserum Mar 12, 2018

Looks good but check:

Serial number
    Date on caseback
    Date on the clasp of the bracelet.

Anj likes this.
  6. Anj Mar 13, 2018

Thanks for the feedback guys. Hmm that is weird! Anyone know why the crown would protrude like that? Very strange.

Edit:

It seems you have to unscrew to wind it:

Good to know!

Edited Mar 13, 2018
  7. Robserum Mar 13, 2018

To operate the crown you have to unscrew it. Seems ok to me. But ask the seller to be sure.

8. Canuck Mar 13, 2018

That crown sticks out far too much. Typically, the outer end of the case tube should only just be visible with the crown unscrewed. There would not be enough telescope in that crown where it is in the picture, to screw onto the case tube. Something is definitely wrong.

omegasaso12 likes this.