Obscure and Vintage Dive Watches

IMG_20230829_075654041.jpg

img_20230802_185224_838-jpg.1657025

A couple of new pick ups:

A Squale Dippy (couldn't resist that name if I tried )

Tradition Diver (Sears house brand, possibly made by Ochs & Wajlach, Heuer, or someone else)

IMG_20230829_075654041.jpg

img_20230802_185224_838-jpg.1657025

A couple of new pick ups:

A Squale Dippy (couldn't resist that name if I tried )

Tradition Diver (Sears house brand, possibly made by Ochs & Wajlach, Heuer, or someone else)

That Tradition is definitely a different case shape than the Tradition divers you normally see.

Shame that the hands appear to be correct to the Yema Superman II but i can't complain, especially with that beautiful chapter ring and lume plots. 😀

340241221_197910023008240_1226707518341401050_n.jpg

I think this is one of the most beautiful dials I have seen on a skin diver.

IMG_6046.jpeg

A jean Richard Aquastar. I just adore the Anvil logo and and the greenish hue of the dial, but what really got through to me is the "florentine" finish on the lugs. Never seen it before on these models. 🥰

1_zpsqvxdfryi.jpg

One of those "got more than you paid for" moments. Thought I was picking up a skin diver, but turned out to be something a bit more robust. 20 atmos depth rating and a proper screw-down big diver's crown. Also fairly chunky at 38mm. ETA 2472 inside. With the distinct arrangement of indices, it's sort of a "poor man's bathyscape" 😉

20240324_185911.jpg
20240324_190142.jpg
Edited:

You all keep popping up in my email notifications so I feel somewhat compelled to join in. This was added to my collection last month. It's obscure, right? No-one would have seen one of these before?

1000045557.jpg

Sorry to disappoint, but there’s nothing obscure about this watch. I only wish they made smaller women’s models though.

Smiths Astral diver, dial looks to be designed by a child, but is very legible indeed.

IMG_5346.jpg

Here is what I call Obscure one you don't see often seen 3 other members with one so rare and only remember seeing one for sale on the MWR PX some years ago was how this one caught mt eye. Titoni seascoper diver they came in many references mine 727-360. Like the red triangle on the bezel and the word seascoper like its floating in the ocean on the dial. Saw photos of a Felco seascoper also with a photo of the movement that was marked Titoni think these brands are connected. Also like the crown on this model than other Titoi Seascoper not wimpy looking.
R2OBSsY.jpg
hCyAMnn.jpg
qJfqucs.jpg
kVVnytr.jpg

Here is what I call Obscure one you don't see often seen 3 other members with one so rare and only remember seeing one for sale on the MWR PX some years ago was how this one caught mt eye. Titoni seascoper diver they came in many references mine 727-360. Like the red triangle on the bezel and the word seascoper like its floating in the ocean on the dial. Saw photos of a Felco seascoper also with a photo of the movement that was marked Titoni think these brands are connected. Also like the crown on this model than other Titoi Seascoper not wimpy looking.
R2OBSsY.jpg
hCyAMnn.jpg
qJfqucs.jpg
kVVnytr.jpg

Super cool!

R2OBSsY.jpg
hCyAMnn.jpg
qJfqucs.jpg
kVVnytr.jpg

Nice!
They are quite rare in the West, far more common in the Asian market.
Titoni is Swiss brand that concentrated on China and South east Asia.
Originally the company was called Felco and then did a rebrand for the Asian market, been around a long long time and is as strong as ever today.
Still making the Seascoper, in 2 variants, one with it's own in-house calibre and the other in an ETA.
In China the brand is ranked historically with Rolex, longines and CYMA.
On my first visit to China going into top end high street department stores this was one of the highest featured watch brands.
I had never heard of the brand until I first saw them there and believed when I first saw them that they were a Chinese brand ie Chinese masquerading as Swiss, took me a while to work out that these were in fact legit.
I now have a stash of Titoni's which in the West don't get much financial interest but in China I can easily get 5 times more than I paid!
Still on the lookout for more.