Obscure and Vintage Dive Watches

It's a short story:

The insurance/ DHL paid only 50 EUR, after months of claim. And that, despite of an higher amount of insurance.
I paid the watchmaker for his work and he promised me a 100% discount for a next service for one of my watches.

The seller, a younger guy, tried to sell the watch for 350 at fleabay. When I met him, I examined the watch, was convinced that it was mine and told him my story and that I think he is in big trouble now. That was quite enough for him, to be handsome.
He told me that he bought my Testudo at a well known fleamarket from another guys, regularly selling watches there (I know these guys too).
He was so anxious, he wanted to give me the watch for free, but I paid him 50 Euros and gave him a lesson for free 😀.

"No plaintiff, no judge" at the end.
Edited:

Sorry for my limited englisch, it really sounds like a monotone police report.

Sorry for my limited englisch, it really sounds like a monotone police report.
Just the facts- as it should be.
Glad it was a 0 sum for you. I keep my eyes on eBay for a Hamilton HTC I won and was mixed up in int’l shipping (eBay admitted it was their fault and paid out). I got the other guys watch, which I sent to him (and he was grateful), but mine never materialized. I know someone got it, just don’t know who.

IMG_20230125_085444968.jpg IMG_20230124_155928_847.jpg

Squale Tina (for Margi), shortly before they started making watches under their own brand
You can also pull off the myriad of Squale mediums which come in at around 35mm….must be nice to have small wrists.

Yeah, but the Tina's/Tinys were specifically marketed at women but still 250m rated, plus they're significantly cheaper than the medium cases 😁

Yeah, but the Tina's/Tinys were specifically marketed at women but still 250m rated, plus they're significantly cheaper than the medium cases 😁

And they have a real model name, which is kind of cool. At one point, I was thinking about having a focused sub-collection of watches that have fun model names. A lot of divers fall into that category.

And they have a real model name, which is kind of cool. At one point, I was thinking about having a focused sub-collection of watches that have fun model names. A lot of divers fall into that category.
Funny you say that. After finding my second Mondiane, it made me want to know about more of their aquatic named models but info on this era/line of the brand seems to be nil.
CB8A112D-4931-4EE8-820F-2C280398F81A.jpeg F5256CA2-E1FE-4A3C-9FA1-3EBF0F058642.jpeg

Wouldn’t mind seeing more models from this brand.

Don’t think I’d take that diving 🤦[/
Yup, wrong thread. Had meant to post to WRUW as I was rushing out the door to begin a road trip. Got to my destination, checked OF…no “likes”…strange. Went back to check my post on WRUR, and there wasn’t one….strange. Thought I had gone full senility. Thanks for straightening me out.